cartridge slot relocation help !?!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

sickydankben
cartridge slot relocation help !?!

Post by sickydankben » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 am

ok so ive tried soldering individual wires from the motherboard to the cartridge slot. but i cant get the nintendo to play the games. Anyways... Can somebody please explain / Show a diagram. of what and where i should be soldering, as well as if theres any other things i should be doing to the nintedo, besides soldering to the mother board. please help

robm

Re: cartridge slot relocation help !?!

Post by robm » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 am

How about a good, high-res picture of your work? That's usually better than us telling you how to do something you've already done. More often than not, there's a wire bridged with solder on the board.

Or the slot was wired backwards :lol:

sickydankben

Post by sickydankben » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 am

I Have all the wires soldered to the outside points,where the cartdridge slot used to go. Notthe holes where the cartridge slot slid into of the motherboard

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9c1vpumh0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope this helps

EDIT: remember when you pull out the cart slot there is a gap in the pin spacing so remember to skip those pins on the n64 mobo or else the pins will be off set by one, and remember not to wire it backwards. If none of this helps then I think your n64 is fried.

sickydankben

Post by sickydankben » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 pm

thanks for posting that vid. do u know if it would be a problem, if theres solder in most of the inside holes on the mobo.

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:46 pm

No that is not a problem.
Unless that solder is touching one of the outside holes...