Interested in a PS1 or PSone questions show me you knowledge

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

s8n
Interested in a PS1 or PSone questions show me you knowledge

Post by s8n » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 am

hi team , i am interested in buying some PS1 or PSone's solely for 1 purpose ie playing Guncon-45 games on a Arcade Monitor (see below).

Ghoul Panic
Point Blank 1
Point Blank 2
Point Blank 3

i already have some knowledge about PS1's ie the " Dreaded FMV Skipping Dilemma " in early SCPH models

what i need to know..........

1. Can i use a some sort of boot disc to boot games instead of a Modchip what are my options to boot backups ?

2. A RGB SCART Cable is a must for the Arcade Machine for input do the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models accept it NTSC and PAL machines ?

3. Similar to the above question do the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models accept NAMCO Guncon-45's ?

4. Again of the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models have less problems is a better stronger build and which has a better stronger Laser ?

5. Are PSX's tetchy at any specific media ? , i will be using Taiyo Yuden CD-R

checkout this wiki page for some info if needed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

s8n

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Re: Interested in a PS1 or PSone questions show me you knowledge

Post by blaze3927 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 am

1- modchips are cheap these days and boot disks can be a pain, however if your looking to save a buk you can either use a gameshark/action replay boot disk or do the dodgy swap disc method

2-not exactly sure what your asking, are you asking whether these models support rgb OUT for ntsc and pal?

3-not sure sorry

4-honestly my scph 5500 i feel has a better build than the others but so far im more content with scph 9000 over 100

5 in my experience no, but i have had a few issues when burning from iso's as compared to straight disc copies. I've used many different cd-r's for my games. always burnt at 2x speed,

nice system there btw
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

s8n

Post by s8n » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:09 am

hiya blaze , thanks for info supplied

with question 2 it was poorly described by me , what i meant is do RGB SCART Cables work on NTSC PS1's ? ie with NTSC Gamecube's RGB SCART Cables wont work with them only S-Video Cables do. RGB SCART is a PAL EURO Standard and isnt usually supported with NTSC gear.

i have upped this Thread to another 2 sites and your reply was the best of all 3 , your info was most helpful and elaborated more than others.

thanks for your comment on the cab , its the first nice comment i got so far

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:59 am

welcome to beneck and no problem at all

as far as i know Pal and ntsc ps1's support RGB so therefore they should work with an rgb scart cable which is just a different interface for the same video signals. Ntsc gamecubes did support RGB however they did need a minor modified cable
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

s8n

Post by s8n » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 am

hi again youve been great blaze , thanks for the extra info and confirm on RGB SCART Cables on NTSC systems.

yea ive seen the Gamecube Component Cable hack to convert it into a RGB SCART Cable for use on NTSC Cubes , quite clever

s8n