Radica Menacer Sega Genesis lightgun inside pics

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

tom61
Radica Menacer Sega Genesis lightgun inside pics

Post by tom61 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:33 pm

I missed these when they were released. I had seen them at Wal-Mart, but decided to wait until they were clearance priced, but they disappeared from shelves before that happened in my area for some reason. Anyways, I found one on eBay recently.

Here's the retail packaging for those not familiar with it:
The games in it aren't the greatest, IMO.

Insides overview:

What is clearly a GOAC in the gun grip in the lower right of the pic. Middle right is the Menacer (which was a large bazooka looking thing orginally) reduced to a tiny board, connected via wires labeled with controller data signals. A small bit more details in the notes of the Flickr image.

GOAC closeup:

Slightly rounded to fit grip, but not very different from other GOAC boards by Radica.

Menacer board closeup:

It's neat that this a separate module, and connects to the controller port it seems. This could mean that you could hook this gun module to a game pad GOAC (modded with cart slot of course), or connect a gamepad to this GOAC.

I need to find out what other games support the Menacer, but I know T2: The Arcade Game for Genesis uses it, which would be awesome to mod this gun to be able to play.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: Radica Menacer Sega Genesis lightgun inside pics

Post by Tibia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:00 am

Most interesting. How much did you pay for it? It looks like a fun thing to mess around with, although not necessarily play. lol
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Tibia wrote:Most interesting. How much did you pay for it? It looks like a fun thing to mess around with, although not necessarily play. lol
~$20. The games look awesomely fun, if a bit dated, on the box, but virtually all are slide show shooters.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:34 pm

If only you could connect a Sega CD and play Snatcher haha, nice find