Genechrome, the black and white Genesis COMPLETE w/ pics

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Gump-in-space
Genechrome, the black and white Genesis COMPLETE w/ pics

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

I spent about 8 hours spread over several weeks putting together my first portable. It carries a 9.6V, 1600 mAh rechargeable battery, a Genesis 3 motherboard, and a black and white Sony Watchman from 1984! So this was a cheap, clunky portable, but it gets the job done. It's a fully functional portable.

To turn the system on, or change the cartridge, you have to lift the cover off the project box, it's on a hinge. Everything on this device is hot-glued except for the power connections, which had to be soldered. You can still hook this thing up to a TV and use it like a regular Genesis, because the battery can disconnect and the original power adapter can be plugged in. The AV connecter is also still accesable. The screen is on seperate power from the unit, 4 AAs. When taking this thing on the go, because of it's "meaty" dimensions, you can cary several other games inside the case.

So now I can finally call myself a portablizer! :D
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

banditpaw1
Portablizer

Re: Genechrome, the black and white Genesis COMPLETE w/ pics

Post by banditpaw1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:00 pm

congrats but the controlls look akward above the screen like that.

OhSnap!

Re: Genechrome, the black and white Genesis COMPLETE w/ pics

Post by OhSnap! » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:03 am

i suppose basically you only really cared about having it work, if so good job, you can play genesis games in your hand