broken traces after removing rom from radica genesis

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

footinmouth
broken traces after removing rom from radica genesis

Post by footinmouth » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:46 pm

hey guys, this might be unfixable but it just might be fixable. I managed to remove the rom from a radica genesis, however, 2 pins traces are broken, the broken pin traces are pins 24 and 34, are there any other places on the board that i could connect my wires for the cart slot on to make up for these broken traces? any help would be appreciated, thanks.
i hate how electronic part suppliers give you an option on their website to filter your searches so that you can find a certain part and no results come up!

footinmouth

Re: broken traces after removing rom from radica genesis

Post by footinmouth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:21 pm

OH COME ON!!!!!!!!!
i hate how electronic part suppliers give you an option on their website to filter your searches so that you can find a certain part and no results come up!

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:46 pm

pics or it didn't happen
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:16 pm

chainfire95 wrote:pics or it didn't happen
ok ok

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 pm

footinmouth wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:pics or it didn't happen
ok ok

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Buy a trace pen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCUIT-WRITER,-PAD ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:45 pm

chainfire95 wrote:Buy a trace pen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCUIT-WRITER,-PAD ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good thought, but i don't think that will work

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Are you talking about the silver "external" traces? Because there are also "internal traces" that are gold and sit underneath the chip. Don't know if you need both sets of traces to get it to work or not.

Edit:

Looking at your picture, I'm still not sure about the gold traces that sit underneath the chip. You can see where they were on the board. Does anyone know if you can ignore them and just solder to the silver contacts?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 am

Pin 34 is obviously connected to ground, and pin 24 either to 25-32 or somewhere underneath the white silkscreen.

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 am

Skyone wrote:Pin 34 is obviously connected to ground, and pin 24 either to 25-32 or somewhere underneath the white silkscreen.
thx, ill have too use my trusty super bright desk lamp and some sand paper for that

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 am

footinmouth wrote:
Skyone wrote:Pin 34 is obviously connected to ground, and pin 24 either to 25-32 or somewhere underneath the white silkscreen.
thx, ill have too use my trusty super bright desk lamp and some sand paper for that
ill let you know how it goes

neverused

Post by neverused » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:34 am

I'm not so sure 34 goes to ground. From what I can see, the trace goes off to the upper left hand corner. As for 24, you could just use the through hole after it, I think. I could be totally wrong though.

Ben's diagram shows 34 does not go to ground.

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:45 am

neverused wrote:I'm not so sure 34 goes to ground. From what I can see, the trace goes off to the upper left hand corner. As for 24, you could just use the through hole after it, I think. I could be totally wrong though.

Ben's diagram shows 34 does not go to ground.

ok, 24 could be a bit tricky

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Oh, thanks for the correcting. :) Let us know how it goes.

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:36 pm

ok i managed to find some using my trusty exacto knife, ill add some pics once my camera behaves