Battery connection issues

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Supreme Dirt
Battery connection issues

Post by Supreme Dirt » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Alrighty, I've been working on a SNESp with my friends, and we tried to get it connected to a battery. Failing a lot, I have a simple question: How can we connect a standard RC battery to the SNES? We're using the 2nd revision non-mini board, if that helps at all. We'd like to keep it so that it can be removed and charged with an RC charger.

~Supreme Dirt

Axaj

Re: Battery connection issues

Post by Axaj » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:13 pm

What voltage/mAh is it?
haterz wrote:omg nuh-uh u liar i have a big ps1 and a small 1 and the big 1 is biger on the owtsides so its biger on the insides too cuz otherwise itd b smaler on the owtsides liar

nintendoguy

Post by nintendoguy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:24 pm

If you have a 7.2 volt battery, use this
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062132
If you have a 9.6 volt battery, use this
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062133

Wire the male end to your system, and plug the battery into it

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Noob question, but how are those different? Assuming they are both the same/size and length, what determines the voltage rating on it because to me it just looks like a connector and 2 wires?

nintendoguy

Post by nintendoguy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 am

I do not know how they are different, but they have the same connector. i just used different ones because they had them.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 am

wallydawg wrote:Noob question, but how are those different? Assuming they are both the same/size and length, what determines the voltage rating on it because to me it just looks like a connector and 2 wires?
I think its just marketing, so they can rake in an extra dollar and a half from and unsuspecting buyer :?

mog123

Post by mog123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 am

You do not know the day when a multimeter may come in handy - said Jesus to his disciples.

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 am

i found this at bacterias (mind my spelling) website, so this is where you would attatch the female jack to the board, just make sure it matches up to the batteries positive and negetive leads, hope this helps.
^ *Information above may be incorrect.* ^
^ *This signature may be incorrect.* ^

limpport

Post by limpport » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 pm

DO NOT connect the battery directly to the SNES. 7.2v will kill it. Use a 7805 regulator to bring the voltage down to 5v. See the 3 pronged black thing in the pic above? That is a 7805 regulator. The leftmost pin will take 7v-35v typically. The middle pin is ground, and the rightmost pin is the 5v out. There will be heat dissipation, so I would recommend thinking about where it would go, and what sized heat sink could be screwed to it.

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:09 pm

just look at the red and black wires on the photo, thats how i did it, and it still works, but make sure to attatch a heat sink on to the regulator, or it will fry it, go buy one of the more expensive ones at radio shack, those seem to work fine. just attatch the heat sink to the screw hole in the regulator, and i think your set.
^ *Information above may be incorrect.* ^
^ *This signature may be incorrect.* ^