Do we have room for another N64P? (t64 WIP)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

kibble
Re: Do we have room for another N64P? (t64 WIP)

Post by kibble » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm

I see a lot has been posted up in the few days I wasn't here. :lol: And I changed my avatar...

Sorry but, progress has slowed to molasses in the recent past :(, partly due to working crazy hours at work. The holidays don't make things any better (I hate this time of the year).

Oh and to answer Designer noob's question. I'm 26 and no, I'm not a super genius, I wish I was. :( The stuff I do is just from years of experience playing with this stuff. I'm trying to major in EE and I would be done with it too if I hadn't diverged and tried to give nursing a shot only to find out I didn't want to do that. So now, I'm trying to get back on track with engineering.
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 pm

kibble wrote:I see a lot has been posted up in the few days I wasn't here. :lol: And I changed my avatar...

Sorry but, progress has slowed to molasses in the recent past :(, partly due to working crazy hours at work. The holidays don't make things any better (I hate this time of the year).

Oh and to answer Designer noob's question. I'm 26 and no, I'm not a super genius, I wish I was. :( The stuff I do is just from years of experience playing with this stuff. I'm trying to major in EE and I would be done with it too if I hadn't diverged and tried to give nursing a shot only to find out I didn't want to do that. So now, I'm trying to get back on track with engineering.

your avatar is disturbing yet mesmerizing...

too bad progress has been slow. just dont do what i did and get halfway deep into a project, have a failure, then put it on indefinite hiatus. (my GenCom project in case anyone was wondering)

kibble

Post by kibble » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:30 pm

dragonhead wrote:too bad progress has been slow. just dont do what i did and get halfway deep into a project, have a failure, then put it on indefinite hiatus. (my GenCom project in case anyone was wondering)
Let's not go there.... LOL

Well ladies and gentlemen...mostly gentlemen, I'm sure.... I have a little update. I tested the tiny rumble pak today and am happy to say that it worked well on the first try. I soldered some wires between the old memory card a socket so that I could just insert the rumble board into it without having to solder to the rumble paks pins. The circuit is powered by the 3.3V line in the controller. Next I'm going to attempt to get the memory AND rumble working where I can select which one I want to use. Here's some pics and video. Once again, the testing was done with ExtremeG.

IRisH360

Post by IRisH360 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:46 pm

not gunna lie thats prett frikin sweet

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:33 pm

This is truly a beautiful project you have going. It kind of reminds me of something I was going to start on a few months ago........pming you now!
Image Image

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Lawl, the frog in your avatar is from that one brand of baby wipes. Kandoo, I think.

Also, nice progress. This is my favorite thread on this whole site right now. :wink:

what

Post by what » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Too bad its been going slow, I'm certain all of us want this to be finished as soon as possible, so we can buy your board :mrgreen:
Also, so far the progress is awesome.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Mario wrote:Lawl, the frog in your avatar is from that one brand of baby wipes. Kandoo, I think.

Also, nice progress. This is my favorite thread on this whole site right now. :wink:
kandoo is so smooth and nice :lol: I used to have the hand soap, it was AMAZING. :D

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 am

har har har any progress??? this is 2nd place next to naruto manga every week!

joeafro

Post by joeafro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:44 am

Woooow nice thread just read the whole thing, im building an n64p at the moment but this is just ridiculous. Good luck hope it works seems pretty complicated. I look forward to an update!

kibble

Post by kibble » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 am

Not much as far as updates go however, I'm working on the design of a little board that will let me connect both the FRAM chip and the tiny rumble so that I can get a better understanding of how the two can work together, since my first idea swam like a brick. :wtf: I need to buy another blank board and more developer, but I'm gonna stay away from those GC boards, since I seem to have issues with them.

Hopefully once this holiday season is over I'll have more time to work on it like before. I really wish I had more to update you guys with. :(

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 am

dude how would you make your case? since your so pro at this.. you gotta! have a weak ness! hahaha

kibble

Post by kibble » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

I'm not gonna worry about case design until I have everything working and at its final size. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I would also make a vacuum forming machine and make a case. I have been collecting some stuff here and there for the machine. I want to make it self contained so I don't have a bunch of stuff all over the place.

Deck

Post by Deck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm

This is incredible...
I better make my own portable n64 quick, since it will be obsolete after this thing is finished