Dreamcast CDs arent spinning

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Thornwillow
Dreamcast CDs arent spinning

Post by Thornwillow » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:43 am

Hello, well i got out my old dreamcast becuase i wanted to play some ol' shenmue, however, to my surpize i find the dreamcast not spinning any CDs in it. It wont spin at all. Everything else is working fine, only games/cds are spinning when put in.

Is there a fix to this?

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Re: Dreamcast CDs arent spinning

Post by Steamdnt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:07 pm

You might have to check that the cover is pushing down the lid closing detector, make sure that all the connections between the motherboard and the GD-rom drive are secure, make sure that it is getting enough power.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

gumbyx84

Post by gumbyx84 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 pm

I swear this has actually worked for me: Hit the DC right above the power and eject button with the palm of your hand. When my DC stopped working (same as you; disks wouldn't spin), I did that and its worked ever since. Not sure why it works, but I know it won't damage the system and it (the system) won't be any worse for wear if it doesn't fix the problem.

s8n

Post by s8n » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 am

dont know if this will help , but i bought a DC off of eBay and each time i put a disc in it just wouldnt boot it took a few tweaks but started spinning again. Maybe give it a laser POT tweak and it might start working again. Try my method as a last resort.

s8n

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 am

That method is what got my dreamcast working.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

MARIOPARTY555333

Post by MARIOPARTY555333 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:41 pm

gumbyx84 wrote:I swear this has actually worked for me: Hit the DC right above the power and eject button with the palm of your hand. When my DC stopped working (same as you; disks wouldn't spin), I did that and its worked ever since. Not sure why it works, but I know it won't damage the system and it (the system) won't be any worse for wear if it doesn't fix the problem.
dude! I did that same thing! And my cd worked again aver since 2
Im working on my portable snes
Are you working on a portable?