Un-named N64p

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Well Hello there. .-.

I've been lurking around in these forums for a while looking at various tuts, and how-tos and what not.

And I've finally decided to register and post my Project here.

For my first portable i'll be making an N64.

Its actually already a few weeks in the making, Having a basic case design, controller already chopped and setup, etc.

I already have,

7.4v Lithium Batteries from a polaroid DVD player(free)
PSOne screen from ebay(only like $10)
N64 board ready to go(just need the PTH08080 chip)
a lot of time
A completed controller already in the case
An old NES shell I'm using for the case(It actually feels Surprisingly comfortable)

A few Pics:
Image
Image
Image
Image

You may be wondering what those holes are above the controller, below the old cart slot, this shell used to house an alarm clock xD
Last edited by Michaelthurston on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
mikeyg
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm
PSN Username: mikeyg95
Location: Ghetto Jersey
Contact:

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by mikeyg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Michaelthurston wrote:Well Hello there. .-.

I've been lurking around in these forums for a while looking at various tuts, and how-tos and what not.

And I've finally decided to register and post my Project here.

For my first portable i'll be making an N64.

Its actually already a few weeks in the making, Having a basic case design, controller already chopped and setup, etc.

I already have,

7.4v Lithium Batteries from a polaroid DVD player(free)
PSOne screen from ebay(only like $10)
N64 board ready to go(just need the PTH08080 chip)
a lot of time
A completed controller already in the case
An old NES shell I'm using for the case(It actually feels Surprisingly comfortable)

Pics a in a bit, setting up cam :D
looks alright. Are you going to tidy it up? Use bondo instead of hot glue? Don't have to, just wondering. You got some good progress going... :)
Last edited by mikeyg on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Bump, Pics

Sorry they're so blurry;

I use a hacked up Eyetoy to take pics xD
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am

mikeyg wrote:
Michaelthurston wrote:Well Hello there. .-.

I've been lurking around in these forums for a while looking at various tuts, and how-tos and what not.

And I've finally decided to register and post my Project here.

For my first portable i'll be making an N64.

Its actually already a few weeks in the making, Having a basic case design, controller already chopped and setup, etc.

I already have,

7.4v Lithium Batteries from a polaroid DVD player(free)
PSOne screen from ebay(only like $10)
N64 board ready to go(just need the PTH08080 chip)
a lot of time
A completed controller already in the case
An old NES shell I'm using for the case(It actually feels Surprisingly comfortable)

Pics a in a bit, setting up cam :D
looks alright. Are you going to tidy it up? Use bondo instead of hot glue? Don't have to, just wondering. You got some good progress going... :)

Yes, I will be once everything fits nice in the case, and the controls are flawless, I'll be using some sort of epoxy, just for a smooth surface.

The Hot glue was just a layer for strength.

Oh! And my PTH08080 chip came today, and my PSOne screen will also arive this afternoon! :D

Expect some sort of working product this after-noon!(sorry for double post)
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
argelfraster
Posts: 984
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by argelfraster » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 am

Why are the C-buttons and A&B buttons so low?

User avatar
Mario
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Sunny California

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Mario » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 am

Nevermind that, where'd he get a "PSOne screen from ebay(only like $10)"?!?
Image

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am

Mario wrote:Nevermind that, where'd he get a "PSOne screen from ebay(only like $10)"?!?
Well, There was a lot of PSOne items i bought for $40 shipped, of which included a PSOne screen, PSOne(mini), memcard, rechargable battery, and 2 analog controllers, all working :D
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:14 am

argelfraster wrote:Why are the C-buttons and A&B buttons so low?
Do they seem that way?

Because they seem perfectly fine in my hands, :?

Its just a new design I'm working out, Its actually very comfortable when you feel it.

Just imagine the screen to the right of the analog, and above the buttons; You'll see it
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Sorry, Triple post, but this had to be said:

Success, We have-Portable-ness...Well almost

I got the PTH08080 chip in the mail this morning, and just about 30 minutes ago i finally got the voltage setup right :D

Now the N64 runs off the batteries! :D

I was so surprised!...Well i mean i was confident it would..., but still, it was nice.

The PSOne screen will be in tomorrow; Expect 'Completed' pics tomorrow.

After all thats wired; I'll begin making the case purdy xD
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Bumpy,

I decided to stop being lazy, And rewire the cart slot.

Took a while, but was actually rather enjoyable

Image

Image

Heh, Now you can really see the NES XD




(hehe, Reversed pics)
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
mikeyg
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm
PSN Username: mikeyg95
Location: Ghetto Jersey
Contact:

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by mikeyg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Oops!
Last edited by mikeyg on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mikeyg
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm
PSN Username: mikeyg95
Location: Ghetto Jersey
Contact:

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by mikeyg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Michaelthurston wrote:Bumpy,

I decided to stop being lazy, And rewire the cart slot.

Took a while, but was actually rather enjoyable

Image

Image

Heh, Now you can really see the NES XD


(hehe, Reversed pics)
SWEET!

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Two more, Showing that i actually DID relocate it, just incase anyone thinks i just put the game there xD

Image

Image
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Michaelthurston
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Steam ID: MichaelThurston
Location: Texas

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Michaelthurston » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 pm

So, I really need some help here, I have everything wired up, everything turns on. The video is properly hooked up, everything, but for some reason the game wont work D:

Heres two pictures:

Image

Image

Help? DX
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

User avatar
Neildo_64
Portablizer
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Un-named N64p

Post by Neildo_64 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Has it worked since you rewired your cart slot?
Image
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

Post Reply