Schmeman's Mother Themed Portable

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Re: Schmeman's Mother Themed Portable

Post by Triton » Wed May 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Also where did you get the stuff to fill in the gaps, holes. I was just going to use bondo. Will that work?
nope! bondo is body filler it is no good for structual parts, it will crack and break very easily. its really should only be used to fill in low spots/visible seams etc like what he posted up there
bondo spot putty would fill in those little gaps perfectly, and the epoxy gives it a solid base so it cant flex and crack. improper use of bondo (not having a solid base behind it, or putting it over a butt seam held together with hotglue) will result in cracks and a case looking like this
notice its all nice and smooth but you can see every single seam. it was just put together with hotglue and bondo and it cracked extensively because it flexed too much

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Glad to see that it's not totally abandoned! For the cartridge slot (if you don't have it figured out yet), put the stripped wires up through the hole, and solder the little pit that is sticking up through the hole. It'll hold better than soldering the wires flat onto the contacts.

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 am

Hey I had a quick question for you guys. As you all may or may not know I am a complete newbie when it comes to the wiring part of the portablizing process. As a result I had an extremely newbie-esque question. Are my assumptions displayed in the diagram below the correct way to wire up the power switch?

If not what am I not understanding? Thanks in advance.
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 am

I decided to start this project again. It's been in my drawer for a very long time. I got really frustrated after 4 attempts of rewiring the cartridge slot (all of which were busts). Can anyone give me some tips when it comes to the cartridge slot rewire process? I know I've asked it earlier but... yeah :P

I'm going to drive down to California tomorrow to visit my dad and just relax and I'm bringing this with me. I hope to at least complete the case and tackle the wiring when I return home. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve