DC modchip code?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

APE992
DC modchip code?

Post by APE992 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 am

Does anyone know where I can grab the code to program to a chip to make a DC modchip? Yes I know, the chip only works on imports and there is a patching app along with boot disks but you know what? I want to put a modchip in mine. So there!

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll gladly come back with a write up on this for anyone who wants it. I believe the code was just a patched version of the original BIOS but I can't find any real concrete info on it not lost to time. Hell it's impossible to even find a pre-programmed chip.

stuntpenguin007

Re: DC modchip code?

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am

uhh... I don't think we're supposed to talk about modchips here...

or are you talking about playing legit imports, and thats why you don't want to just make selfbooting backups?

if thats what your looking for, its just region free dreamcast bios, which I cant provide you a link to, because its against the rules.
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

edit: deleted cuz I don't want to get banned, even over legit imports

I believe this region frees your console, but doesn't allow backups
Last edited by stuntpenguin007 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 pm

whats the point in chipping it anyways??? my dc is a nov 2000 ustc-u region 2 SA model hkt-2030 and plays backups and imports just fine without any modification... chips are a waste of time and money for the dc. totally pointless....

and i would take note, WE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE SELLING/TRADING MODCHIPS... this goes for the actual product as well as the information on how or where to obtain them... google is your friend

but to sum it up.... itd be a waste of your time
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 pm

from what I posted, you have to already have the bios, and the modification only allows for legit imports.

Should I remove that? I would hate to get banned from benheck for something as little as this.

edit: to be on the safe side, I'll just take it off
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%