OTHER WAYS to get 3.3v ??

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

z2442/joey
OTHER WAYS to get 3.3v ??

Post by z2442/joey » Tue May 26, 2009 12:56 pm

--can i use 2 AAs and input 3v will it work???
--do i need the part from ti
--are there other ways to get this voltage??

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Re: OTHER WAYS to get 3.3v ??

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue May 26, 2009 1:13 pm

no
yes
other ways are lame go wit ti i know im a pro lol
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

z2442/joey

Post by z2442/joey » Tue May 26, 2009 1:20 pm

lol thanx man i guess im still kinda a noob ive only made one portable so yea haha u got me there but wonder y 2 aa doesnt work man it must be very very picky line also can i put a 9.6v into the ti part ?? and would it be oK also are the other way complicated

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 pm

(trying to decipher the grammar)

AA's don't have the amperage needed, might get the system working for a few minutes but that is it; might not even power up though.

You can put 9.6v into a TI card to step-down to 3.3v but don't put 9.6v into a PSone screen, if that is what you are using, without reducing the voltage.

Use 7.4v or 7.2v Li-ions or Li-Po cells and a TI card (plus capacitor and resistor).

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue May 26, 2009 2:48 pm

yeah u can put 9.6v into the ti, and the reeson y 2 AA's don work is cuz ints not enough ampz.

SS (For the rest of you, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm trying to learn how to speak noob! :P)
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:yeah u can put 9.6v into the ti, and the reeson y 2 AA's don work is cuz ints not enough ampz.

SS (For the rest of you, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm trying to learn how to speak noob! :P)
I heard that's a very difficult language. You should make a reference guide for senior members. :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

thewise1 wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:yeah u can put 9.6v into the ti, and the reeson y 2 AA's don work is cuz ints not enough ampz.

I heard that's a very difficult language. You should make a reference guide for senior members. :P
it prety hard to lern it, so much faster tho. lol. i don see y peple get mad wen use it. lol. :)
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm

samjc3 wrote:
thewise1 wrote:

it prety hard to lern it, so much faster tho. lol. i don see y peple get mad wen use it. lol. :)
lul, it is hrd to do I'm not very fluent. DOH >_< See what I mean, punctuation yeah.

By the way, this thread has officially been jacked, at least the question has been answered.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:48 pm

thewise1 wrote:By the way, this thread has officially been jacked, at least the question has been answered.
tht maks it ok rite
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue May 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Does anybody know any good schematic making software? I have a good circuit that me and a friend made. :)
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Tue May 26, 2009 5:10 pm

ExpressPCB has a nice simple schematic and PCB program. I like it because it's simple, easy, and doesn't take 5 steps to draw a trace. But you are obviously more interested in the schematic part.

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Tue May 26, 2009 5:20 pm

I recommend using CADSoft Eagle.
Does the job just fine I must say.

robm

Post by robm » Tue May 26, 2009 5:24 pm

FreePCB isn't bad either, but I definitely prefer Eagle myself.

z2442/joey

Post by z2442/joey » Tue May 26, 2009 6:33 pm

also if u seen my trinity 64 thred it says what im using its a trinity 7 inch portable tv set it runs off the 9.6 thats y i wanted to know i ordered the part from ti sry about the grammer im working on it
also lol i can help with noob speak lol i can talk using full grammer if that is prefered here but my spelling still is very very bad very help full thank you every one i know that you all probably get lots of dumb noob questions also im just a hardware noob psp coder all the way lol

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Tue May 26, 2009 9:07 pm

jleemero wrote:I recommend using CADSoft Eagle.
Does the job just fine I must say.
I hate eagle. I couldn't even figure out how to draw a trace, let alone make a circuit.
z2442/joey wrote:also if u seen my trinity 64 thred it says what im using its a trinity 7 inch portable tv set it runs off the 9.6 thats y i wanted to know i ordered the part from ti sry about the grammer im working on it
also lol i can help with noob speak lol i can talk using full grammer if that is prefered here but my spelling still is very very bad very help full thank you every one i know that you all probably get lots of dumb noob questions also im just a hardware noob psp coder all the way lol
You don't need to be perfect, but try to do a decent job.