Erlex's SNESp WIP! (PROBLEMS)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417
Re: Erlex's SNESp WIP! Updated! 4/26/09

Post by Erlex » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Lol yeah its quite messy. Its because I removed the bottom section of the board and all of the connections have to go on the back. The components I moved have their own wires, LED mod, head phone jack. Equals a lot :P

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm

K well its looking good. Tomorrow i get to do half of the cartridge slot (I ran out of wire *insert long list of bad words here*) But ive been working on it since january and i just now got it to power correctly.

Erlex

Post by Erlex » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Sigh... I have run into a bit a problem. I charged my batteries and when I came back to test the system it was doing something weird. Donkey Kong Country 2 runs the Rare logo with no sound and doesn't get any further. Most of my other games don't run at all. The only game that works is Yoshi's Island, so I know its not a problem with the screen. I need some help with this... The only thing I can think of would be the cartridge slot. Any suggestions???

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Erlex wrote:Sigh... I have run into a bit a problem. I charged my batteries and when I came back to test the system it was doing something weird. Donkey Kong Country 2 runs the Rare logo with no sound and doesn't get any further. Most of my other games don't run at all. The only game that works is Yoshi's Island, so I know its not a problem with the screen. I need some help with this... The only thing I can think of would be the cartridge slot. Any suggestions???
Unless you've poured massive amounts of hotglue on your cartslot, I reccommend testing every single wire for cold solder joints. That's what your problem sounds like to me.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Erlex

Re: Erlex's SNESp WIP! (PROBLEMS)

Post by Erlex » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 am

Lol well lucky for me I haven’t done that. The weird thing is that DKC 2 and 3 works now. I just tested it first thing when I woke up. Super Mario All Stars still doesn’t, but that might be the cartridge it’s self. Ill go back and re-solder the cartridge slot if I continue to have problems. Thanks for your help.