A PS1 , screen, and controller...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator: Moderators

omgitsthebishop

A PS1 , screen, and controller...

Post by omgitsthebishop » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Hey guys do you think 80 bucks for all this stuff is good? Plus id like to buy a case from bacteria, making it all around 120 bucks for the modding of a PS1, is this a good deal???

sacapuntas

Re: A PS1 , screen, and controller...

Post by sacapuntas » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:39 pm

That is about what I would have spent (I purchased 30 games, extra controllers and spare parts for 50 buck more)

As far as value goes that is good. Just make sure the screen is in good shape and go slow in the construction and you will have an enviable device that makes your friends go "where did you buy that?!?!" . You can then smile and say- "ebay". JK :mrgreen:
I have the bacteria kit and am working on getting it done, it takes work but I think you will satisfied. GO FOR IT!

mmoshkowich
PSN Username: mikedacat

Post by mmoshkowich » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:44 pm

how about batteries?

sacapuntas

Post by sacapuntas » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 pm

mmoshkowich wrote:how about batteries?

They are pretty cheap and can be obtained locally... so I wouldn't sweat that ...
(That is unless you are planning something crazy...)

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:47 am

Thanks sacapuntas!

Mentioned before if anyone wants my kit and hasn't got an NTSC PSone console (note, you need a PSone console not a PS1 console BTW), I have one with a controller (official or unofficial, you decide), memory card and about 8 games; you can make me an offer for it - you just need batteries, charger and PSone screen then! PM me if you want to discuss! :wink:

The batteries are cheap - e-bay for "Canon BP-915" batteries. Go for 2000mA ones if you can as better than 1850mA ones for obvious reasons!

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 pm

bacteria wrote:(note, you need a PSone console not a PS1 console BTW)
I thought it was PSX, and the PS1 losely refers to both. Just saying, because the original ps did not have a number.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724