Power BOTH Halves of the Retro Duo Tutorial!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

mmoshkowich
PSN Username:mikedacat
Power BOTH Halves of the Retro Duo Tutorial!

Post by mmoshkowich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 pm

It is listed NO where on this site so I decided to take things into my own hands. After a lot of failure I finally got it working. The wiring isn't professional but its easy to follow!

Pin 1 - 5V
Pin 2 - Ground
Pin 3 - Ground

Desolder the Power Input.

It looks like this

On the Retro Duo Attach a wire to Pin 1 then attach the other side to the 5v pin on the 7805 on the screen
Here's a zoomed out Picture of the PSone Mobo and the 7805 is Circled. The 5v pin is the far right pin on the 7805

Place a wire between Pin 2 and 3

Attach a Wire to Pin 3

Then Attach the other end of that wire to ground

That's basically it, I hope to see more retro duo portables and If you have any questions please ask.

Life of Brian

Re: Power BOTH Halves of the Retro Duo Tutorial!

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 pm

You only need one wire for ground. Also, there are many many places you could connect to ground.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

mmoshkowich

Post by mmoshkowich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:14 pm

When I attached a wire to pin 3 and not connect it to pin 2 in wouldn't power up. I just listed the first ground I thought off the top of my head. I'm Just happy I got it working :D .

I fixed would to wouldn't

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:08 pm

woah! does this mean I can run the noac without the snoac? My retro duo just came in the mail today, and I haven't even opened it yet, but I don't have a real nes so it would be cool to use when I tear out the snoac.

oh nevermind, In my excitement I posted this and then read it. so this is for an lcd and the snoac... ok.
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

mmoshkowich

Post by mmoshkowich » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:33 pm

stuntpenguin007 wrote:woah! does this mean I can run the noac without the snoac? My retro duo just came in the mail today, and I haven't even opened it yet, but I don't have a real nes so it would be cool to use when I tear out the snoac.

oh nevermind, In my excitement I posted this and then read it. so this is for an lcd and the snoac... ok.
:lol: No, LOB posted on how to get the SNES side working without a NOAC. There wasn't a tuturiol on how to run both halves of the system so I made one.