FC3plus SNES/NES/Genesis in 1 - Updated with pics &Comp.List

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Ace_1
Re: FC3plus SNES/NES/Genesis in 1 - Updated with pics &Comp.List

Post by Ace_1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:14 am

How big is the system itself? I was looking to make one using a spare NES, Super NES and Genesis.

Dbstew

Post by Dbstew » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Ace_1 wrote:How big is the system itself? I was looking to make one using a spare NES, Super NES and Genesis.
LENGTH: 21CM (8,25")
WIDTH: 20CM (7,95")
HEIGHT: 4CM (1,5")

I don't think you can make a system of this size with the original hardware. However, you will have better PAL-compatibility, especially if you do the region-mods.

@Goodie: the system has already been reassembled, I will give you the dimensions of the board later (pretty stupid I didn't think of writing them down when I still could. :P)

Ace_1

Post by Ace_1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:24 am

Well, I do have an FC Twin and a GN Twin, so if it fails with original hardware, I'll use the FC Twin's hardware, plus a modified Genesis Model 2 or the Genesis board from my GN Twin modified for better sound.

By the way, do you have a picture of the underside of the FC3 Plus' Genesis board? The Genesis board on all Genesis/whatever combo clones have 2 chips on them that convert NES controller signals into Genesis controller signals, but I don't see any on the top side of the board, like on the Gen-X and GN Twin.

EDIT: Add this game to the list of incompatible Genesis games: Virtua Racing(contains the SVP processor). This is the reason why I'm not buying an FC3 Plus, but rather making my own(on top of the experience). EVERY GENESIS-COMPATIBLE CONSOLE I OWN MUST PLAY THIS CARTRIDGE! :evil: And the incompatibility is for all regions because of a pin from the cartridge slot that's not connected to the TCT-6705 GOAC.