My Super Rutenik's (rubik's cube and SNES) project

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

jjhammerstein
Re: My Super Rutenik's (rubik's cube and SNES) project

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

palmertech wrote:Real duct tape has metal foil in it, and is conductive. If it shorted something, you are in a bad spot right now.

Make sure all your wires are connected, and that you have no shorts.
Wikipedia wrote: Duct tape is a vinyl, fabric-reinforced, multi-purpose pressure sensitive tape with a soft and tacky pressure sensitive adhesive.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Bah. By "real" I mean "original". "Duct tape" these days is never used for actual duct repair.

Excellent

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 pm

palmertech wrote:Bah. By "real" I mean "original". "Duct tape" these days is never used for actual duct repair.
Wikipedia wrote: To provide lab data about which sealants and tapes last, and which are likely to fail, research was conducted at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Environmental Energy Technologies Division. Their major conclusion was that one should not use duct tape to seal ducts (specialty tapes are available for this purpose). (They defined duct tape as any fabric-based tape with rubber adhesive.) The testing done shows that under challenging but realistic conditions, duct tapes become brittle and may fail.[7] Its use in ducts has been prohibited by the state of California[8] and by building codes in most other places in the U.S. However, metalized and aluminum tapes used by professionals are still often called "duct tapes."

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 pm

You just proved my point. They defined it as fabric based, not metallic backing based. Hence, not "original" duct tape, but what society has turned it into.

Excellent

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Yep. :o

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Good news i got it to power... For some reason the pinout i read was wrong (or i misread it) But all is good now; Currently i am working on Attatchin audio and video. And Stupid dremel closes at 7:00 so ill call tomorrow. Oh and i decided not to use the ZN-40 for this project. i found a cool case for a game i got at after prom. I dont want to do the cartridge slot so i pulled out the other board and im using it for my 1st one w/o a cartridge slot relocation.

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Fri May 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok just a small update and a question. due to my lack of soldering skills and 18 gauge wire its hard for me to solder on the video and audio lines. I remember seeing a diagram where the led to and i could hook it up somewhere else on the PSOne screen. Does anyone know where this is? And i wont be working on it this weekend due to prom... (damnit... but oh well... though this is more expensive than prom)

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm

MAN YEAH, THE A/V IS THE TOUGH PART.

Quick run-down of what you should be doing:

1) Heat up the pad you will be soldering to.
2) Put a small blob of solder on it.
3) Tin the wire!
4) Heat up the pad and push the tinned wire into the blob of solder on the pad.
5) Release the iron.
6) Find a better name and theme for a SNES portable that doesn't sound like a three year old invented it while taking a dump and getting high at the same time while having a terrible stupid garbage hobby that revolves around a cube.
7) ??????
8) PROFIT!

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Mon May 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Ok i made up the name in like 2 minutes maybe ill call it something else later. And im going back to work tonight hopefully i will have all of the wiring done minus the controller. And the case will have to wait because i am now broke due to prom and i still need some batteries...

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:00 am

Ok small update; i have begun to work on it again but ive been lazy and i havent sent in my dremel... i am also needing some cash for the battery and some bondo for the case. I still need a 9v for my multimeter, so all is the same from before but now i have a working battery case for AA's until i can afford the Li-Po's. I have it hooked up right now and i will be hopefully attatching the video and audio tomorrow and maybe the controller. But until i get my dremel fixed then i cant do much.

Oh yeah and instead of being unoriginal and use the ZN-40 case i got a toy at after-prom and it will work nicely.

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Ok, RGB mod question and another question. first of all when i do the RGB mod is all i have to do is run the 4 wires from the video chip on the SNES stick then through a seperate resistor and attatch them to the correct location on the PSone screen?

Also where is the diagram that shows where the traces for the input cables goto.. i hate soldering to those tiny little things.

Ok, well small update. Due to my battery pack dying and not working too well i finally just hooked it up to the wall and it worked fine, then i turned it around and now my LED mod is messed up; i know whats wrong basically they are both touching the metal around the screen and screwing everything up; but i hope someone answers me about the 2 questions above soon. And my dremel is all ready to be shipped and i will ship it on sunday.

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Ok well bad news is here.. ok basically when i check my ground to my + input if they connect and they do... i am not sure if this is supposed to happen or not. i am asking this because its either a mistake i made on the screen which if you want to read its on the screen forum. but i am getting no audio or video but video could be from the RGB mod i havent tried composite yet.