Why won't my GN Twin play my NTSC game?...help!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

cryslynne
Why won't my GN Twin play my NTSC game?...help!

Post by cryslynne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I bought a GN twin from amazon.com, one NES game, and one Sega Gensis game. I haven't received the NES game yet, but I got the Sega game today and it won't work. I turn it on and it tells me, "this game was designed for the NTSC system only." Now I'm no video game genius, but isn't that what this console is supposed to do? Am I missing something? Can anybody explain to me what this means?

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:18 am

there should be a switch on the back of the console to switch it between ntsc and japanese games. try that.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Ace_1

Post by Ace_1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm

You have your region switch set to the wrong setting. As Lovablechevy mentionned, there's a switch behind the GN Twin. It's labelled O/J. O stands for Overseas(American and region-free European games) and J for Japan(self-explanatory). Flip that switch to the correct position and the game will run. What game is it anyways? Sounds to me like the error message Thunder Force IV would display if the region code is incorrect(the US version, Lightening Force, should display that exact same message).