king tut

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Tat2artist

Post by Tat2artist » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:20 am

Rekarp wrote:
Tat2artist wrote:
Rekarp wrote:You know if you just got a multimeter and a little initiative you could built one on your own
uhh yeah Ive had that for a while along with my soldering irons and my systems and screens and leds and spare wiring among many other things that have been suggested on this site.
Then why can't you do it? The first portablizer (Ben) had only beer and he made a portable Atari.
and umm atari and dreamcast are quite a bit different?? I dont know were you are going with this?

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am

It's still not that hard

samseed26

Post by samseed26 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 am

Your lives revolve around not telling anybody anything and then reveling in the fact that you know something that we don't. Congrats on winning! I don't want your copulate life story. Just some direction. Besides, the forums do not have step-by-step tutorials because poop egress like you never tell anybody anything. You just say "i made this, now figure out how i did it"

Your dicks are so small and you never get any pussy so you hold your soldering skills over everyone and now your a stud. Get real.

khaag

Post by khaag » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:21 am

What are we supposed to tell you?! :? Did you know that 99.9% of members here HAVE NOT built a Dreamcast portable? So if that is the case, how are we supposed to tell you how to build one, or even give you the "schematics" as you call them (Which there aren't, by the way).

The best way to go about building any portable, be it an Atari, a Dreamcast, or evan an XBOX 360, is to read through other people's worklogs on their experiences of building one. As you read through things, you'll learn how they find and fix problems, their design processes, creating the electronics, case design, etc., etc. There are no definitive guides on how to build a portable, just general outlines to follow. That's why all the portables created here are unique.

I'll help you out though with a few worklogs of other member's portables. Give them a read and you'll find all the useful info that you need to build your own.

Hailrazer's DreamTrooper
Techknott's Dreamcast Handheld
-=FamilyGuy=-'s DCp

Give those a whirl, and then come back asking any questions you still might have. At least then, you'll have some background info and people will be more willing to try to help you. You DO have to learn to accept that people aren't ALWAYS going to be able to answer your questions. If they don't know the answer, how can they help you?

Also, penis size has no relevance in building portables. Grow up.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:39 am

Huh, I never knew we kept secrets. *Glances at stickies* I suppose the noobs will never find out how to build stuff, since so many just ask how to make portables and never think to look at the stickies or previous build threads. (no offense to the noobs who actually read stickies and search stuff before posting. You guys are quite welcome here.)

Tat2artist, if you want to leave and not buy Ben's book, it is only your loss. There is plenty of imformation here and in the book that you will be passing up.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 pm

but again like I have asked I dont understand the powering problems with dreamcast nor do i understand if i use the multimeter and i see a 12v how to step it down to 8v or whatever is needed on any modification as I do not understand which resistors to properly use or how the circuit works and if it even recharges the battery as well as certain batteries need the extra chip. and does this chip need different wiring that may or may not interfear with the recharging of the battery and so forth. again tutorials needed.
a great deal of community colleges offer basic electronics courses for not a whole lot of money. there a great place to go if you want somebody to teach you basic knowledge about electronics. an internet forum populated mostly by 12-16 year olds isnt.

when i joined this forum i was a sophmore in highschool, there were only 38 other members at the time. i had to learn pretty much everything on my own as i went, i started with n64 and killed several in the process of learning how to solder, to use batteries and the like.
Your lives revolve around not telling anybody anything and then reveling in the fact that you know something that we don't. Congrats on winning! I don't want your screw life story. Just some direction. Besides, the forums do not have step-by-step tutorials because poop egress like you never tell anybody anything. You just say "i made this, now figure out how i did it"
we dont keep secrets. If you search google or these forums you will most likely find any info you need IF YOU CANT find what info you need THEN you can ask a properly phrased question in the apropriate section of the forum. thats how it works. asking "how do i build this portable" or "i didnt do any research how do i hook up a battery to this" kind of crap wont fly.

insulting the people who are here to help you is just a stupid thing to do. we arent going to hold your hand to begin with then insulting us is making us less and less likely to respond to ANYTHING you say with any kind of helpful input. you get what you give, you throw insults at us you arent getting SH!T in the way of assistance. be polite, use proper punctuation and spelling, do research on your own THEN come back to us and maybe we can help

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Take a gander at Bacteria's or My website. Everything is pretty much spilled out there. I am not (and probably everyone else) going to make a DCp just for the sake for you to have a guide.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:59 pm

oooooor http://wocares.com/modding

damn you all, who did I create this for >: (

hy phrend

Post by hy phrend » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Take it from someone who has built a Dreamcast portable, all the information you need is on here. I built one with a little help from family guy through pm's but most of the information you need is right here on the forums. There really isn't much you need to do and for that stuff you do need to do it can be found in others build logs. Such as, you use a Pico Psu to power it, there are pin outs of the AV port to figure out what pin does what, the PSone screen is possibly the most documented and highly used 5" screen and there is LOADS of information not only on this forum but everywhere on the internet about how to use one and mod it, controls can be found in EVERY single person's build log as to what controller to use. It's really not as hard as it's cracked up to be. For my DCP it took me 2 weeks to do the electronics stuff, such as wiring it up and figuring out everything, and the remainder of the time was spent doing the case (which didn't look to good :lol: but oh well) But regardless you can find the info you need and if you have a simple question such as, How do I hook a battery up? PM someone that has built one and they will answer your question.
DCP---Done

Mario

Post by Mario » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Tat2artist wrote:and yes i have found tutorials on how in detail to create the dreamcast portables online
Wahahahah! :lol:

Nice joke. :wink:

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey Guys...Sorry about not uploading my tutorial (which does exist!!) i just been procastinating finishing it's last touches :lol: , iam triple threating my life right now (portable N64, 3rd portable dreamcast, and DCp tutorial) it's taking me longer than expected to finish this, so please be patient. :wink: .
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

Tat2artist

Post by Tat2artist » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 am

Mario wrote:
Tat2artist wrote:and yes i have found tutorials on how in detail to create the dreamcast portables online
Wahahahah! :lol:

Nice joke. :wink:
umm yeahh .. google? there are many people doing it besides right here as soon as im done with this tutorial ill retype something similar with pictures documenting steps for the people that arent d-bags and are here to learn something. and yeah there are faster cheaper methods to doing this than going with the pico unit. as well as descriptions of different types of circuits and which are used and why and it all makes perfect sense now. and yes from people on the web through google not this website again ill upload it when im finished.
Last edited by Tat2artist on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:33 am

There is nobody on the internet who has made a dreamcast portable that is not a member of these forums. End of story.

Maybe they want to help all the noobs and keep it a secret from US! :lol:

Not only are you acting like a n00b, you are acting like a lying n00b.

Excellent

Tat2artist

Post by Tat2artist » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am

palmertech wrote:There is nobody on the internet who has made a dreamcast portable that is not a member of these forums. End of story.

Maybe they want to help all the noobs and keep it a secret from US! :lol:

Not only are you acting like a n00b, you are acting like a lying n00b.
lol like i said use google and there are other communities as well as you sir are king d-bag of this entire website hahaha you sir are a noob and i care about you so ill be your savior from d-bag'ism lol heres a good starting point

http://www.i-hack.org/computer/internet ... xpert.html

lol start with tip number 3.

there are other communities and tutorials if you know how to look. chinese dont make much sense unless you can read it hahah

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 am

"Site Specific Search: Often, you want to search a specific website for content that matches a certain phrase. "

Tip number 3 tell you how to search ONE website using google. This may come as a shock, but there is more than one website on the internet. :lol: I think you just went and found some article to act like you have a basis, you what relevance does that have to me? If anything, you should use that very tip to search these forums for info instead of demanding a tutorial.

And stop acting like there is some secret Chinese modding forum, we have CHinese members, they come here despite the language barrier because we are the ONLY portable forum on the web! Get that?

And I doubt you can read Chinese, you have a hard enough time trying to resemble English.

Excellent