SifuF's Nintendo Sixtyfree LITE-R

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ChrisKoopa

Post by ChrisKoopa » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:50 pm

thats awesome how tiny you got it

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:13 pm

bacteria wrote:What I want to know is this - apart from Engadget and Hack-a-Day, what other sites was this project posted onto - there have been over 123k viewings so far.

Perhaps someone could list the other sites this project was posted onto??
It's on Digg, but I didn't submit it. The most popular one is a direct link to page one of the topic.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:49 pm

sifuf, did you really need to break the diagram down to the logic gates? most of these guys arent going to understand em anyway :lol: maybe post up a schematic depicting the ICs you used instead, it would likely benefit more people and cut down on the number of "what does that mean" questions (college electronics classes ftw)

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 am

Triton wrote:sifuf, did you really need to break the diagram down to the logic gates? most of these guys arent going to understand em anyway :lol: maybe post up a schematic depicting the ICs you used instead, it would likely benefit more people and cut down on the number of "what does that mean" questions (college electronics classes ftw)
HEAR HEAR
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

timewarp

Post by timewarp » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:04 am

bacteria wrote:What I want to know is this - apart from Engadget and Hack-a-Day, what other sites was this project posted onto - there have been over 123k viewings so far.

Perhaps someone could list the other sites this project was posted onto??
It was posted on Reddit.

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 am

Oh. Wow.
For a long time, my favorite portable has been Sifuf's old N64 portable. The oldest one of his design. Then the L64 by marshall.

Then I see this thing on Hackaday.
The reason this is now my favorite is that it isin't just "another N64 portable" or even "another good looking N64 portable". It actually took a lot of clever work on your part with:
Wiring up the cart port directly to the IC's to save room, the installment of the IC Logic to re-route brightness and/or volume controls, and overall just how small it turned out to be.

Most other portables are just "Connect wire from video in to video out" and "cut a cable in half and then rewire it". That's why I've shunned away from this area in general, as really it gets repetative. (sans a few). Thank you for showing me there is still some innovative thought and creativity in the hobby, and great job.
-Bioniclebert.
Making XNA Games in C#.

coot

Post by coot » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Entensity also has a link.

:D

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:49 pm

holey hell!!! That is amazing...

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:29 am

GFO is back, did you ever send my stuff?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:03 pm

am i late to the worshipping?!? no? good, dude that is the sweetest N64p to date, and iam glad that the N64 is still being portablized, thanks to you iam gonna pick up my old 64 project and try to make it small...thats just pure awesomness (is that spelled right? oh well..)
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

Basongwe

Post by Basongwe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 am

Hello, i'm a new user on this board, but however i'm french so excuse me for my bad english, your N64P is wonderful, do you want to sell it on one day ?

jmintuck

I Love this!

Post by jmintuck » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:19 pm

I now want to make one. Please , can we have a how-to instruction sheet for this? I would like to make one of these. This is so cool.
:D

Then I can play Mario 64 on the road going out to Moms , or Bro.s in another city several hundred miles from here. Then I wouldnt die from boredom in the car. :(

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Please don't ask for instructions before reading the stickies... :roll:

People don't mind giving helpful hints, but nobody will make a step-by-step...ever.

Except for kasar...
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:29 pm

And that guy making a dreamcast tutorial, or Mario and his NESP instructable.

But other than that, yeah.

Excellent

SifuF

Post by SifuF » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 pm

bacteria wrote: PLEASE - make a topic in the screens forum with lots of details of what you did to reduce the PSone screen mobo
I may at some point write a how-to for the screen and mobo size reduction. Regretfully, I'm too busy at the moment.

However, for the time being, here is the pinout that I used for the PAL psone screen

There are only a few caps and a 7805 that need to be moved, before are able to chop away the entire bottom section of the board.

SifuF