GN Twin Controller problem

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

cpd2008
GN Twin Controller problem

Post by cpd2008 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:07 am

Every once in awhile while playing a game on my GN Twin, the controller completely freaks out. The D-Pad quits working altogether, Start/Select/Slow/X/Y/Z/A don't work at all, but B and C still work. And C also becomes the start button as well. Thus when this happens, a game can't be played any further.

Has anyone had this issue with their GN Twin console?

misjah

Post by misjah » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Are you talking about only one controller, if you are, you should check out your cable first, some of the wires may be cut of. You`ll have to open up controller and probe every wire with multimeter....

cpd2008

Post by cpd2008 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 pm

misjah wrote:Are you talking about only one controller, if you are, you should check out your cable first, some of the wires may be cut of. You`ll have to open up controller and probe every wire with multimeter....
Well, I don't really have the capability to do that...but, I do have two other GN Twin controllers at hand, and Im trying another controller to see if the problem still occurs.

cpd2008

Post by cpd2008 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Well, I think I have one bad GN Twin controller that is causing the aforementioned controller issue. I tried another GN Twin controller (the second controller that came with my current GN Twin) and I was able to play through Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure without the controller issue popping up. Previously when I played Pitfall (or any other game), the controller I previously used would end up freaking out either at the beginning of the game, or towards the end.

Hopefully my problem is solved now.