NINTENDO SIXTYFREE LITE

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

SifuF
NINTENDO SIXTYFREE LITE

Post by SifuF » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Hello everyone.

I decided to improve upon my original N64 portable, and the 'Nintendo Sixtyfree Lite' was born!

During the planning stages, I was adamant that this portable would be as small as possible and also be complete. Complete meaning inclusion of the D-pad, L button, Expansion pak and mem card slot.

Unfortunatly It does not contain the expansion pak.
The N64 mainboard had to be trimmed significantly to fit the width of the case, and so I planned on having the expansion pak laying flat under the c buttons. This location moved the RAM too far away from the BUS and It failed to boot. I tried 3 times to relocate the pak, but It seems the wires must be <about 2cm for the machine to boot.

By keeping the wires as short as possible was the only succesful way I could hard wire the exp RAM, but as u can see from the pic, It sticks up too far to fit in the case. So I had to settle for a hardwired jumper pak instead. Oh well!

Of course there is no internal battery, but it runs of any external 7.2v source. I've been playing it with a RC car pak.

For those of you that haven't seen the first Sixtyfree, here are some comparason shots:

Build time was on and off around 2 months.
enjoy,

Sifuf
Last edited by SifuF on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 pm

OH MY GOD!

THAT'S AWESOME!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Amazing, one of the smallest I've seen! Too bad there wasn't enough room for the batteries though.

khaag

Post by khaag » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Jeebus! That thing is uber small and THIN! Congrats on a beautiful portable! :D
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 pm

it looks really good and all, but no batteries? :(

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Wow, had me scared for a second. I am making my n64 portable for the compo, and it is as SMALL as I could make it. Then I saw yours, and I was totally crushed. But no batteries...Good, I still have a chance!

Excellent

hdx

Post by hdx » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:51 pm

It small, neat etc. but I can't tell that it's portable because you need a external power source.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Probably the best N64p I've seen. I forgive you for not having batteries built in, I personally think it would be more comfortable to have a battery pack in a backpack or pocket than having to hold it in your hands.

DK

Post by DK » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:46 pm

That must be witchcraft :shock:

If only it had a batterypack I would christen it my dream portable. Wonder where I put my N64 :wink:

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:48 pm

That is one sweet build! It looks so professional! Personally, I like the idea of not having batteries built in. It makes it lighter, and I have bad wrists, so lighter is good. Anyway, sweet work, man!
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

Dark-Aries

Post by Dark-Aries » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:53 pm

That m-azing! It could use some curves though...it'd give an illusion that it's even smaller then it already is...

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:04 pm

1) The contest will last for 6 weeks (to maintain interest and also inspiration).
2) Any portable - defined as a system with a game console, built in controller, screen, and battery to power it all, enclosed in a case - will be accepted. Any console, screen, controller, battery and case will be accepted.
3) There is no prize for winning the contest, except for bragging rights. *IDEA possibly a custom title awarded to the winner or if somebody wants to donate prizes*
4) The contest winner(s) will be chosen through poll of the members of this forum.
5) The contest will commence on Sunday, July 20th. Ending on Sunday, August 31st.
6) Portables will be encouraged to be STARTED on the day of commencement of the contest, so the time limit will be forced onto everyone. Go ahead and cheat though, whatever.
I don't think that this will count for the portable palooza contest because it has no battery
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Dark-Aries

Post by Dark-Aries » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:38 pm

It can run off a battery...it just isn't internal..atleast that's how I interperteted this..

Of course there is no internal battery, but it runs of any external 7.2v source. I've been playing it with a RC car pak.

SifuF

Post by SifuF » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:29 pm

Thank you for the great comments I really appreciate them :D

Regarding the battery, sorry I didn't make it clear enough, but....
IT DOES CONTAIN A BATTERY! lol

It runs on an external 7.2v pack.

This is literally the smallest an N64 portable can get without some serious board modifications. You would need to completly chop off the cartridge port section and wire the slot directly to the CPU/RCP. (I was orginally going to do this, but it would have also meant using a smaller screen).
So absolutely no way for an internal pack.

It also runs on AA's if you'd prefer 8)

Sifuf

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:45 pm

How much game time do you get with that 2100mAh pack?