n64 joystick to arcade possible?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

newguy101
n64 joystick to arcade possible?

Post by newguy101 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:12 pm

im planning to make a arcade style controller for my N64 and switching over the buttons is straight forward and wont be hard to do, just a bit of soldering work. the only thing im wandering is if there is a way, or if any1 has done it, to take the n64 joystick and convert it to use an actual arcade style joystick. im not too much of an electronics expert so i have no idea on compatability but i know it wouldnt just plug in. i origianly just planned to extend the actualy n64 joystick through fiberglass and metal work but thats kind of time consuming and tedious work. any relevant input appreciated

stogenbobber123
PSN Username:stogenbobber123

Post by stogenbobber123 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 pm

i think i could do i it but it wouldnt be the best and wow is kinda gay dude

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 pm

I think that you could, but if you did that you would have to take your hand off of the joystick to hit the z button or start, and if you don't care about looks you could just duck tape it on. What sort of prodject is this? are you going to build a n64 arcade machine, show your friends or just for comfort?

and just because he likes wow and you don't doesn't mean that you have to be rude about it.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts