PS1 Screen?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

skatekid
PS1 Screen?

Post by skatekid » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:12 pm

Hi. I want to build a PSp, and I am looking for a cheap Sony screen. It can come with or without a PS1. I plan on making the case out of either wood or styrene plastic. I am going to use an interact turbo controller.

KonamiCode

Post by KonamiCode » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:59 pm

The PS1 LCD runs around $75 and up, from what I've seen. You can try using the HipGear LCD/controller; it's a smaller screen though, only 2.6". I picked it up at Fry's for about $50, and there's a $20 rebate apparently (I just need to send it in)

The HipGear LCD initially wants 12V, however, I was able to remove the transformer and the flourescent tube back light and get it running (with no lighting yet) off of 5x AA batteries (7.5 Volts). I can also get the PS1 running off the same amount of batteries, but I have to add in another battery (making it 9v) to get the two of them to start up off the pack together. Anyone got any suggestions? I was hoping to be able to get it running off a 7.2V rechargable, but at this point it's looking like that might not be possible.

Quall

Post by Quall » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:43 am

If you go here, you can either get a psone/sony LCD combo for 89+shipping, or get a 4" Various psone screen for 53+shipping.

KonamiCode

Post by KonamiCode » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:31 am

Quall wrote:If you go here, you can either get a psone/sony LCD combo for 89+shipping, or get a 4" Various psone screen for 53+shipping.
Not bad prices, but they both appear to be backordered.

skatekid

Post by skatekid » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:58 am

i found a screen and a PS1. What else do I need? Does anyone have any sggesttions for the case? Thanks.