Dreamcast modem to PC Broadband

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

moparram426
Dreamcast modem to PC Broadband

Post by moparram426 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:57 pm

Seeing how the Broadband Adapter for the Sega Dreamcast is getting outrageous on Ebay of all places, can you connect the DC to a PC through a 56K PC modem? I've read about a DC to PC connection this way in Win 98, but not with Win XP on the PC side.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:58 am

There used to be a guide on consolevision but they seem to be dead now :(
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Archive.org, it's one of the best tools for situations like this.

http://web.archive.org/web/200708120113 ... Server.htm

Update -

Thought I'd add something more. That guide is the first that I found. If you search this forum you should be able to find a later one. If the site is down go to archive.org and see if it works. The later guide might be more useful to some out there as it has instructions on how to make the connection with a Windows 2000/XP computer. The older one is only 98/ME and I don't think many of you have that kind of computer anymore.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

moparram426

Post by moparram426 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for the link! I have tried various ways to set up a dial up server in XP with no luck. The only thing I accomplished was messing up my router settings! I have an older PC with Win98 that I use to archive Commodore 64 games (talk about retro!). It's not hooked up to the internet right now, I use floppies from my MAIN PC to create 5.25 floppies on the Win98 computer(the reason for this is the Star Commander won't work in XP). If I put an ethernet card in I can hook it up to my router and stick the 56k modem in it and connect that to the Dreamcast, and also make Commodore disks easier!