Dremcast arcade controller

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

LoyalistRevolt
Dremcast arcade controller

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Made it from scratch.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:58 pm

I've been in the planning stages of making one of those using that exact same method, only I was thinking of trying to make it a 3 in 1 NES, SNES, Genesis controller. Might wanna look into a sturdier case though :P

khaag

Re: Dremcast arcade controller

Post by khaag » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:Made it from scratch.
lol, I can tell :P Nice, innovative job though.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks guy this is the first time I felt I was doing something serious so your comments mean a lot to me! But I'm thinking of taking it to school and putting it in a wooden case. There is only one problem with it the characters only jump up for some reason. Keep the ideas and comments coming!

Also: I for got to put a start button and the triggers so I added a start and am putting in the triggers to night! :oops:

Update: all buttons are in and everything works Great! except those darn triggers! :?

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:Thanks guy this is the first time I felt I was doing something serious so your comments mean a lot to me! But I'm thinking of taking it to school and putting it in a wooden case. There is only one problem with it the characters only jump up for some reason. Keep the ideas and comments coming!

Also: I for got to put a start button and the triggers so I added a start and am putting in the triggers to night! :oops:

Update: all buttons are in and everything works Great! except those darn triggers! :?
IIRC the triggers are magnetic, so unless you rig a very elaborate extension setup, you'll have to have the triggers on the main board in their original position. So, I guess make it so the triggers can "poke out" of the case (aka shoebox).

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:12 pm

you forgot the 'l' and 'r' buttons as well as the case :lol:
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 am

You can create digital trigger ( aka non-analog ones) but putting a switch that connect the 2 opposite connections of the lil chip under the triggers.

Just to help.

FG

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 am

Nice you beat me by just a couple of days. I have almost finished mine. 8)
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:28 pm

project_failure wrote:Nice you beat me by just a couple of days. I have almost finished mine. 8)
lol... I win :)

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:24 pm

-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:You can create digital trigger ( aka non-analog ones) but putting a switch that connect the 2 opposite connections of the lil chip under the triggers.

Just to help.

FG
Could you elaborate?

Well guy this actually is turning out to be a full scale arcade my friend and I cut the wood last week and I'm going to be doing all the wiring.....But I'll keep you updated.

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:17 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:
-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:You can create digital trigger ( aka non-analog ones) but putting a switch that connect the 2 opposite connections of the lil chip under the triggers.

Just to help.

FG
Could you elaborate?
There's 6 magnetic chips on a dc controller, 4 magnetic chips under the joystick, and 1 under each trigger. Each chip got 4 connections, there's 2 normal one, 1 rectangular one and 1 square one. Connect the square one to ground to mimic full-press on the joystick (Left Right Down Up) or triggers (R L).

PS: the trigger chips is located on the "upper" side of the controller.

That's it !

Tell me if you need more explanation !

FG