iam new and building a N64p called p64 pics soon!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Uh, dude, we weren't shooting you down, we were just saying your expectations are way too high. Really, if you have to borrow money for anything video game related, you shouldn't have it because your money would probably be better spent elsewhere, like food or getting a good paying job.

Sorry for trying to help you not fail. :roll:

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

instructions

Post by sonic4freedom » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:04 am

yeah i know u guys are right (the hot rod thing made me laugh) ur the mentors i need (someone doesnt hold back) so will u help me? i really need a walkthrough...please!!! i have instructions, but i need to be sure( i have only one chance) have u guys built one? gotta catch some Zs will be back morning, ill check back here in 3 hours...thanks 4 slapping me reallity...needed it :) goodnight
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 am

Research is the key, you obviously haven't done much I would suggest, as 1) you would see several N64p systems that have been built by various modders here (you said, I quote "have u guys built one?"), and 2) If you had looked at my guide, in the sticky, the one with over 38,000 viewings, in this very N64 section, at the top (as in the first item in the stickies); you would see exactly what you wanted - a walk-through with lots of pics and a full guide to get your system disassembled, connected to power, video and audio. It also described connecting the N64 via RGB even though mine is only composite video; and my highs and lows and decisions along the way in making the system. Follow this guide and as long as you are careful, there is no reason to fry your system, so you can make it with "one chance". When I make my next system I will refer to the guide I made myself, as a reference and to save me time with my next build. Before I started my N64 system I spent hours going through EVERY thread in the N64 section learning all about what people knew and thought on the subject to date, THEN I set about the start of the project, armed with various notes and diagrams I collected.

I am very happy, as are others here, to provide you with any advice we can in order to assist you and we hope you succeed in making a proper system, not just moving the N64 guts into another box, but in doing the project properly. Look at my guide and it will answer most of your questions. We want you to succeed with your system.

I knew I forgot some items in my checklist (BTW - you really do need the items I listed - I have more tools than this, I listed what you need for the project): you need heatsinks for the three main processors, a small fan or fan exhaust; otherwise your system will get rather hot (especially with the heat dissipation plates removed). Your lunchbox, as well as being too weak and flimsy (especially when you make holes in it for the screen assembly and buttons), is also too thick to hold comfortably.

We are trying to help you with your project, you really must consider taking our comments in that spirit.

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

instructions

Post by sonic4freedom » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:17 am

ur right :shock: the stickies are here! i got some of info packed down. my main misunderstanding is wiring the screen and system mobo to the power sorce. i`ll check the stickies:) again thanx...by the way its a tackle box, not a lunchbox. iam ordering a case, and wal-mart has soldering iron for 4 bucks
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer