Preserving the dc input jack

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Dramlin
Preserving the dc input jack

Post by Dramlin » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:49 pm

Hello all i've figured out what batteries i will be using to power my n64 and im about ready to start hooking things up.

Im wondering if theres any way to wire the batteries up to the n64 without opening the case or soldering directly to the dc input jack. About all i can think of is opening the official n64 ac adapter, ripping out the plug that goes into the 64, and soldering onto that.

Is there any other way that im not thinking of?

thanks

wallydawg

Re: Preserving the dc input jack

Post by wallydawg » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:43 pm

Dramlin wrote:Hello all i've figured out what batteries i will be using to power my n64 and im about ready to start hooking things up.

Im wondering if theres any way to wire the batteries up to the n64 without opening the case or soldering directly to the dc input jack. About all i can think of is opening the official n64 ac adapter, ripping out the plug that goes into the 64, and soldering onto that.

Is there any other way that im not thinking of?

thanks
I was sort of thinking if the same thing was possible; just have an external battery pack that would have the jack at the end. Just plug in the battery pack when you're on the road or plug in the AC Adapter when you're at home.

I dunno if it's possible though...

stereth

Post by stereth » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:44 am

Something like the adaptor at the bottom of this picture?