utiliseing expansion port

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

prawny1
utiliseing expansion port

Post by prawny1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi, i have been searching the net for the past few days initialy trying to find i way to get a sgb to play gbc games if anyone has any ideas please let me know,

My attention has now turned to playing backups of games on a snes console, initialy i thought it may be possible to use a sgb with a gbflash cart of some kind but it seems implausable to do that,

My questions are these, would it be possible to use the bs-x cartridge with its flash memory cart to play roms, by utilising the expantion port and some sort of partial sattelaview emulator (the part that loads the games not the sattalite uplink part) to transfer the roms to the memory cart via a usb or compact flash stick.

or

a way to make/moddify a copier devise that can load from usb/compact flash instead of floppy disc.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:05 am

Get a GBC and you can play GBC and GB games on it. They are cheap, as are the games now (ebay).

There is/was a flash unit for SNES, I read about it years ago, never had one or needed one though. It worked with the parallel port to transfer data across.

sammy

Post by sammy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:20 am

For flash cards: http://www.tototek.com