Hi guys, some question again...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

kirayasuo
Hi guys, some question again...

Post by kirayasuo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:39 am

Ok, Im now offically 90% done with all the wiring, and 100% done with my case, however, I met some problems while trying to solder all of the wires, here it is:

1.) Theres one website that talks about using a RF modulator/plug to connect the Portable TV to the plug, before connecting it to the PS board. Is this a must? Or can I just solder all the wires onto the board itself?

2.)Shoulder buttons, I customised my own buttons, and the buttons had 2 prongs at the end of it, which side should I solder it? And one the controller port itself, theres 3 solders for the Shoulder buttons on each side, which makes a total of 6 buttons, which one should I solder onto? Middle, right or left?

3.)Do I really need a 9V battery and then a 8 AA baterry pack to power up my system? Why is that so?

4.)Ok, for some parts of the solders, they melt together, mostly at the AV connections of the PS board itself, and its been bothering me, should I unsolder them and resolder or should I leave them alone since there would be no much harm?

5.)About the portable tv, I solder one of the wires to the anteana itself meaning on the metal piece that is used to hold the antena, is that the correct way? And does GND stands for ground?

That should be all, PICS coming up after I finished all the solderings and wire menace....

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:50 am

Please do reply me, its kinda urgent at the moment.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:54 pm

Hello people...

Anyone care to answer my questions? This is kinda urgent.

stereth

Post by stereth » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:05 pm

Which website told you all that?

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:03 am

http://www.emuhelp.com/~doejo/PPP.html

This is the website, its at the bottom of the page, Im kinda confused and I didnt dare to do the remaining steps because Im Scared I will destroy my whole piece, and I need it for submission by next week.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:44 am

Please help answer any questions, cos its really running out of time. :?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi guys, some question again...

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:16 am

kirayasuo wrote:Ok, Im now offically 90% done with all the wiring, and 100% done with my case, however, I met some problems while trying to solder all of the wires, here it is:

1.) Theres one website that talks about using a RF modulator/plug to connect the Portable TV to the plug, before connecting it to the PS board. Is this a must? Or can I just solder all the wires onto the board itself?

2.)Shoulder buttons, I customised my own buttons, and the buttons had 2 prongs at the end of it, which side should I solder it? And one the controller port itself, theres 3 solders for the Shoulder buttons on each side, which makes a total of 6 buttons, which one should I solder onto? Middle, right or left?

3.)Do I really need a 9V battery and then a 8 AA baterry pack to power up my system? Why is that so?

4.)Ok, for some parts of the solders, they melt together, mostly at the AV connections of the PS board itself, and its been bothering me, should I unsolder them and resolder or should I leave them alone since there would be no much harm?

5.)About the portable tv, I solder one of the wires to the anteana itself meaning on the metal piece that is used to hold the antena, is that the correct way? And does GND stands for ground?

That should be all, PICS coming up after I finished all the solderings and wire menace....
1)The PSOne has composite out and to my knowlege any tv will accept composite, you just need to find the place it get soldered to.

3)No I'd suggest going to radioshack and buying R/C rechargable batteries that output 7.2v

5)Anteana, I dont know. GND = Ground

hope this helps.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:33 am

Thanks for the answers, Sparkfist.

But then how about the solder connections that melt and fuse together? Will it affect anything??

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:45 am

If connections are moving or melting (them moving) hot glue them into place. You also dont want connections fusing over or sold making cross overs to more circuitry, that almost always leads to something getting fried.

I wish you luck in finishing your project in time.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:03 am

Thanks a lot Sparkfist.

Anyone can answer Question 2? Its very urgent.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:48 am

I think that whole RF modulator thing is if you are gonna use RF. Use A/V instead (the yellow, white and red wires) and combine the red and white if you have a mono screen.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:38 am

Hi guys, can anyone answer question 2??

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:15 am

question 2 is hard to answer unless we either see what buttons you're using or know what type they are.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:23 am

Its a press release swtich, sorta like the old buttons the old controller had., and its has 2 prongs with holes in them sticking out of the button, which is located at the bottom of the button.

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:43 am

Solder one side to ground and the other to the button input on the chip. I don't see anything else that might be a problem.