SNES Laptop?!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:59 pm

not really ctfan, the lo-rom games without a save function only take up half the space, now the carts with specialty chip or save functions have every inch of space used
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

AikaInnet

Post by AikaInnet » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:02 am

Well I finally opened up the snes mini and found the nicely spifified guts....

And I took a pic :P

I shall start figuring out a way to make a nice shell for it to portablize

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:29 am

Krepticor wrote:not really ctfan, the lo-rom games without a save function only take up half the space, now the carts with specialty chip or save functions have every inch of space used
Games worth playing that don't use save functionality or FX chips of some kind are in the minority, vastly I'd say. It wouldn't be worth picking out a small number of cartridges to reduce the size of if the rest of them are still going to be normal-sized.

CTFan

AikaInnet

Post by AikaInnet » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:36 am

Life of Brian wrote:Yup, if you have the cartridge sticking out the back it's a necessity to reinforce it.
I found out a way to reinforce the cart slot. The SNES Mini has a screwed in "reinforcement" (shown in the above picture), and that is what I will be using.

As for redesigning... I will probably go with CT's design with a few possible tweaks.