Has there been a portable of the standard SNES?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:09 pm

yeah but if you wanted to buy one he wanted the original :wink:

snes4ever

Batteries?

Post by snes4ever » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:21 pm

What kind of batteries are you using? How long do they last on the SNES original. Im getting about one hour on my batteries (9.6 volt 700mah Nicd).

SNESguy

Post by SNESguy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:40 am

If you are asking me that question, then I get about five hours average.
However I use a Sony Infolithium battery from Ebay. My screen is modded and the SNES uses a swithing regulator to save some energy.
If all else fails, take it apart!

snes4ever

Wire it directly?

Post by snes4ever » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:03 pm

Can you wire the battery directly to the snes or do you have to first make it go through the 7805 voltage regulator. Since I believe the original snes already has a voltage regulator on it. I just dont want to fry my snes.

SNESguy

Post by SNESguy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:50 pm

5 volts is the maximum the SNES circuitry can handle. This is why the 7805 regulator is there. For simplicity, just leave the original 7805 on with a smaller heatsink. Then you can put anywhere from 7 to 35 volts DC in through the original power jack.

makuraken

Post by makuraken » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 pm

Can the SNES run on 4.5 volts? Or can a pocket LCD TV run on 5 volts when it says 4.5? What to do??? Oh yeah, I cant find my thread anywhere so I though I might as well post here as opposed to making a new one again.
I got a Active Matrix 2.5in LCD for $5 (well 525 Yen). Anyway, said that the backlight was burnt out (like I need that anyway) so I bought it and opened it up, only thing wrong with the light was that it was slightly out of place (a connections wasnt connecting). So I fixed that in about 2min.
Now I can complete my SuperFamicom Portable! Go John!
Ok well, I need to know that voltage question.
And, Doomportables is still down, can anyone give me the pictures for the AV leads (the diagram with what connection has what) and for the controller.
Please and thank you!
EDIT: Got the pics, but my board is fried i think :cry: No picture comes up at all. I only get the red LED from the board, but no picture at all... what to do? None of the transitors or board stuff seems to be fried, so what do you think I should do?
When in Japan with access to just about every system ever made and those that have yet to see international soil, gather your forces, and make the cool ones your own.

SNESguy

Post by SNESguy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:32 pm

Probably, because the batteries always output slightly more than their said values. They would probably total 4.8-5.1v depending how new they are. It would be wise to check the total voltage with a voltmeter first though. The SNES might also conk out after a shorter time due to it running at bare minimum voltage requirement.

makuraken

Post by makuraken » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:50 am

Ok opened the screen and got composite in. Apparently the TV guts are the same as a slightly higher (and more expensive) model that takes composite in so this one does as well, just not through a jack. I am going to take a older three way jack (thanks to my broken handycam) and solder that to the board to make the TV more versitile. The current TV is apparently only made in and sold in Japan. I cant find anything on it on the web in English. Which is why I am using composite rather than RGB.
Other than that, I found big cell phone batteries that I may buy and link up (cheap lithium ion batteries)to the SFC to get it working. All I need now is a case. Wish me luck
When in Japan with access to just about every system ever made and those that have yet to see international soil, gather your forces, and make the cool ones your own.