Controllers aren't working on my FC Twin...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

SZF2001
Controllers aren't working on my FC Twin...

Post by SZF2001 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 am

I already went through one FC Twin, and the first one couldn't read the SNES games.

Finally got my replacement order in, and it worked flawlessly so I decided to make a longer FC controller by making both the Twin controllers one long one, so there goes a void for returning my "flawless" Twin.

Well, the controllers won't read now. On the SNES games, anyway. I can one get B and A to work on NES games, but directional pad does nothing. I have two controllers so I was able to screw around with two working controllers...

So I know it's the Twin. Can someone help me out?

EDIT AND UPDATE: OK, so it seems like something is working.

Me and my friend opened up the Twin, and basically looked around to make sure nothing was flailing about or unattached and whatnot. Everything seems solid enough.

So get this. The longer controller we made for the Twin, with the two original controllers, seems like a dud. But I have faith in it...

The real problem is weird, though. You see, I plug the official Nintendo controller in player slot 1, and everything works. I plug the Twin controller in player slot 2, and suddenly neither controller will not work. Not even the Nintendo one. That's with both controllers.

With the Twin controller in player slot 1, it won't work. Even if we have the player 2 slot with a Nintendo controller trying to play as player 2 in a game, neither one will work.

Tomorrow I am going to borrow a friends Nintendo controller to see if both player slots work... For now, though, what should I do?

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:55 am

Well sometimes you can't make a cable longer then a certain lenght. Not sure why anymore I believe it had to do with resistance. try shortening the cable.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:47 am

I work at a store that sells the FC twins. We've had about 4 returned for controller reasons, similar to yours. Sometimes the buttons will randomly switch around, (start becomes A, B is select, crap like that), and then it will suddenly stop working. Usually we just give them Nintendo brand controllers and that fixes it. Why it does it in the first place, who knows. :?

SZF2001

Post by SZF2001 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Hm... Maybe I will shorten them.

And lol at the Nintendo controllers working, since that seems to be the solution as of right now.

SZF2001

Post by SZF2001 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:57 pm

I think you can lock the topic, admins. My friend isn't the brightest...

You see, he KNOWS I have a stripper (that tool to strip wires and stuff (thats just what I called it)), and he tried using electric tape and really small ends of wire to connect the controllers.

So, the first time around when no controllers were recodnized, I guess when we opened it and screwed around that fixed that. But today I got around to stripping down the cords the right way, so now both controllers and ports work fine.

My bad.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:37 pm

SZF2001 wrote:I think you can lock the topic, admins.
Done. :P

CTFan