External RF board

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 pm

G-force wrote:... I will not stand for people using my gods name along with wrongful things ...

... I will still stand for what I think is right even if you don't like it.
Seriously, in these instances a couple of you guys come off sounding like exactly what you are: narrow-minded young men with not enough experience under your belts to know which end is up.

As many others have stated, I, too, am a religious person. I commend you for standing up for what you believe in. However... dude, sometimes you should just chill and take things for what they are - satire and humor - and not try to read something into it. There is a time for standing up for your beliefs and a time to let things be. Most of the time keeping things peaceful is the best choice - I'm sure "your god" would agree.

Your definition of using "your gods" name with "wrongful things" may be completely different from someone else's. No matter how much you try, you cannot force everyone to believe the same things that you do (ever heard of little something called Religious Persecution). And you can't make everyone act or write in a specifc way just so it doesn't tick you off. You'll find that you may be able to make and enforce your rules in your own home, but you'll have no luck doing so beyond those walls.

Eventually you're going to have to go out and experience the world and though you can try to isolate yourself from everything you don't like, in the end you'll only end up isolated. And along the way you'll miss a lot of the enjoyment and knowledge that you can gain from other people's differing beliefs. Some advice: next times you cross paths with someone with different beliefs than you, rather than ridicule and pressure them to act as you would like them to, engage them in a friendly conversation and discuss their beliefs and yours and learn how and why they are different. You'll find that you'll grow a lot more that way. And you'll end up accomplishing His goals in a much better way - by becoming a better instrument for Him.

SNESguy

Post by SNESguy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:11 am

Ummm.......wasn't this thread supposed to be about an external RF board? Did that guy's question even get answered?.....just wondering.
Everyone got so off topic.
If all else fails, take it apart!

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:57 am

yeah, the question was answered within the first 5 posts. :)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:42 am

yeah, who gives a damn about the question, the later posts are much mre interesting.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:49 pm

You like him because he gave in to all of your pressure to change his name?
No , I like him because he gave the word to the guy who was trying to "help" him... I thought it was funny.
HK-47, maybe we should add (if it already isn't in there) name, avatar, sig, and general content guidelines
Ok, maybe PM me so I remember, I got some homework so Ill do it tomorrow.
I'm pretty religious as well, but I think that an occasional, simple joke is ok. If nothing else, I'm sure God has some sense of humor and I don't think you would all burn in hell for not asking someone to change their avatar. It may be one thing if it was someone being beaten or there was a bit too much skin being shown, but it's a simple joke, and not much more.
I am soooo tired of the small text thing! Kind of cute at first, now just annoying.
Or if your using firefox do a "ctrl" + "+"

Anyway, I think this has become too much of a political discussion. In face of jackfrost22 yelling at me, Id say this thread should be locked before it causes any more trouble.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:43 pm

I yelled at you. Whoa sorry.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:55 pm

JackFrost22 wrote:I yelled at you. Whoa sorry.
Well whatever it was. In that other thread (how descriptive...) you were saying I said threads should be locked too much or something... I was refering to that. Though it really dosnt matter so you dont have to say sorry.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:56 pm

Well I wasn't yelling I was saying. I saw no :x emoticon

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:57 pm

JackFrost22 wrote:Well I wasn't yelling I was saying. I saw no :x emoticon
Which is exactly what I just said. Yelled was a poor choice of words.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:28 pm

gannon wrote:Would it make you feel better if you thought it was jack black or gilgamesh in the avatar? If so imagine jesus in that avatar as whoever else you'd like so it becomes non-offensive.
It's Mona Lisa with a gote!
Lucretius wrote:Where's cennar? I'll tag-team with him to work with each one of you, personally, to help you mellow out. Even the squarist of stressed squares can be mellow with our 30-day course "They'll call you mellow yellow". I'll play relaxing guitar songs, and cennar will simply get you stoned.
We all must find our Zen..."Politically correct can kiss my arse!"
I was very serious. Mellow out guys...this issue is popping up way to much. We're fighting back and forth, and nothing's acomplished. We've got a post for this in 42. I say we lock this post and move on to a Mellower topic. Like fish. Man their lives rock. Eat. Swim. Eat. Swim/Sleep. I want to find Nemo, or Cheeco, or Elmo, or Favio, of Deeno...hmmm...fish sticks...
-Luke

makuraken

Post by makuraken » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 pm

I think this is crap... People have different views, some a religious, some aren`t. If you dont like it, turn the other cheek.

From my Mama:
Know that it is wrong in your heart and mind but let it be
So... get over it, or something. This has NOTHING to do with an RF-board, the Super Nintendo forum, or even portabilization (and its not in F42) So I dont think it has a place right now. If something bothers you, you have a right to express it (if you want) but you do not have to right to TELL others to change for you. They have the choice to change if they desire, and if they dont, that is the same right as you telling them to change. SO get over it.
When in Japan with access to just about every system ever made and those that have yet to see international soil, gather your forces, and make the cool ones your own.