External RF board

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:37 pm

well, his name/sig isn't exactly hurting anyone, but I'm the kind of guy that's not very politically correct. I don't have much against him.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:50 pm

Good for you. I am still very offended by his name.
I have no problem with him sticking around, I just want him to change his name. Not asking too much.

Also I was very sure I read there was to be no political or religious discussions here? I would think that would mean the same for names.
I will PM B6 about this if he dosn't get a new name.

mykindofjesus

Post by mykindofjesus » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:36 pm

we got off on the wrong foot, im sorry about any wrong messages you're interpretting. I'm no trying to be a pest or offensive. If it <i>really</i> bugs you, i'll make a new name or something.
Hell, I ain't goin' out there, that guy tried to kiss me!
You know what the means..<i>somebody's a little biii-curios!</i>
Hell no, i ain't no bi-curious, I'm a man's man.

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:41 pm

Yes, please make a new name. I doubt the offence was intentional but I was still offended by the name and the sig (the new sig is a little bit better)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:54 pm

New name, new signature. I dare to you try and find offense in it.
See you around.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:02 pm

soundwave wrote:New name, new signature. I dare to you try and find offense in it.
See you around.
I like it much better. I was kinda bad a few posts back but ya... Anyway, welcome to the forum. :)

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Grow up! Just because you're offended by something doesn't give you the right to expect someone to change it!!!

If you don't like it, then just ignore it.

A lot of what's wrong in our society is people trying to make others do what they think is right. You can't bend people to your will.

There was nothing wrong with either his forum name nor his sig, though his sig was a little off-color.

If you're so offended by those things that you have to start an argument and demand that he change it, then you are going to have a hard time making it in the real world. The real world = the one beyond the computer in front of you where you have to go out and get a job and interact with others, many of whom may have completely different values from you.

Two words for you: Diversity and Acceptance.

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:09 pm

soundwave wrote:New name, new signature. I dare to you try and find offense in it.
See you around.
Thank you, and welcome to the forums :)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:49 pm

diggerdanh wrote:Grow up! Just because you're offended by something doesn't give you the right to expect someone to change it!!!

If you don't like it, then just ignore it.

A lot of what's wrong in our society is people trying to make others do what they think is right. You can't bend people to your will.

There was nothing wrong with either his forum name nor his sig, though his sig was a little off-color.

If you're so offended by those things that you have to start an argument and demand that he change it, then you are going to have a hard time making it in the real world. The real world = the one beyond the computer in front of you where you have to go out and get a job and interact with others, many of whom may have completely different values from you.

Two words for you: Diversity and Acceptance.
and then you realize it was a total waste writing those several lines of crap, and sometimes you realize that fighting it is just a waste of time and gets no where.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:26 pm

I'm not going to say welcome to the boards, but welcome back :)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:40 pm

Where's cennar? I'll tag-team with him to work with each one of you, personally, to help you mellow out. Even the squarist of stressed squares can be mellow with our 30-day course "They'll call you mellow yellow". I'll play relaxing guitar songs, and cennar will simply get you stoned.
We all must find our Zen..."Politically correct can kiss my arse!"
-Luke

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:42 pm

soundwave wrote:and then you realize it was a total waste writing those several lines of crap, and sometimes you realize that fighting it is just a waste of time and gets no where.
AHHHHAHAHAHAH :lol: ! And HE wrote it! I gotta go pee! Aw man... :lol:
-Luke

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:51 pm

Lucretius wrote:Politically correct can kiss my arse!
aye :)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Lucretius wrote:
soundwave wrote:and then you realize it was a total waste writing those several lines of crap, and sometimes you realize that fighting it is just a waste of time and gets no where.
AHHHHAHAHAHAH :lol: ! And HE wrote it! I gotta go pee! Aw man... :lol:
I know. Lol, im liking soundwave already...

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:13 pm

You like him because he gave in to all of your pressure to change his name?
mykindofjesus/soundwave, while I appreciate your willingness to to agree with the 'general consensus' of the boards in changing your name and signature, I'm at the same time appalled by some of the membership's seeming offence at these things. The rules and regulations on this board are seemingly nonexistant, which works for me, because it's less work to enforce them. :P This also means that anything goes, so long as Ben or myself find no serious fault in it. Gannon's avatar is Jesus turning into the Hulk, but no one has a problem with that? It seems to me that something's wrong here, whether you guys are just out to find a recently joined member to harass or if you're too intoxicated in some way or another to realize how stupid you're being or what. But what I do know is that it needs to stop. I don't want to see members feeling undeservedly isolated just to suit your fancy.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops