Starting...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

THON
Starting...

Post by THON » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm gonna start building a PN64 soon, and I just wanted to go over some things. I understand the N64 board is REALLY easy to fry, so could someone give me a small checklist of things to do to reduce risk of frying my precious 64?

Dilberitio

Post by Dilberitio » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:34 am

i don't know why but mine won't fry . i run it on the carpet, don't ground myself, nothing, and yet it still runs. It's so beautiful :P
Searching! What's that?

timewarp

Post by timewarp » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:35 am

Ground yourself before touching the board at all, don't work in a room with a carpet, and work on a non-conductive surface, such as wood. Also, if you can, get an old system. The older ones are more resistant to being fried.
Dilberitio wrote:i don't know why but mine won't fry . i run it on the carpet, don't ground myself, nothing, and yet it still runs. It's so beautiful :P
You probably have one from the first production batch. Those are the most durable. But don't expect your luck to last, odds are good that you'll end up killing your board soon.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Some fry no matter what you do, some don't fry even if you abuse them. It all depends on what board you get. You can't really do anything about it, it's all just luck.
ImageImage

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:07 pm

timewarp wrote:Ground yourself before touching the board at all, don't work in a room with a carpet, and work on a non-conductive surface, such as wood. Also, if you can, get an old system. The older ones are more resistant to being fried.
Dilberitio wrote:i don't know why but mine won't fry . i run it on the carpet, don't ground myself, nothing, and yet it still runs. It's so beautiful :P
You probably have one from the first production batch. Those are the most durable. But don't expect your luck to last, odds are good that you'll end up killing your board soon.
How do you ground? (nooby)

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Touch a ground on your house. The third prong on your outlet. If you have an exposed outlet box thingie, find the right screw to touch. Nothing should happen that is noticeable. If it feels shock-ey, that's not ground! :P
Hey, sup?