SNESp concept

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Cyberblade
SNESp concept

Post by Cyberblade » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:41 pm

This will be my portable SNES. I just need the AV cord to my TV, and a new SNES, and I can begin work on building this.

As I said in a topic in the portable TV forum, I am leaving the TV fully intact. This prevents me from screwing myself over by breaking the TV, and allows me to use it again in the future. I'll be building this from wood with help from my parents. And from the simple design I have, the SNES will remain useable in a normal fashion. I can get an SNES which isn't apart running from 8 rechargeable AA's using a stripped AC wire, and I am planning on using a similair way of powering this. This way the SNES remains useable on AC power aswell. The controller plug will stick out from a hole on the bottom, and will plug into the normal 1st player slot. This way, I can also use a standard controller. All of this combined makes this as much a portable as a home console. What do you think?

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:58 pm

It doesn't seem to bad of an idea, but just so you know, you only need 6 rechargable AAs to run the snes. Although I'm not quite sure how constant there voltage output is.

Cyberblade

Post by Cyberblade » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:20 pm

I know I only need 6, but I already have a battery pack for 8, and they'll prolly last longer off of 8 anyways.

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:41 pm

I don't think they'd last longer. Since they extra voltage is jus burnt off by the 7805, it will only produce more heat. But I suppose that it really doesn't matter much.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:58 pm

Your controls may be a bit too low, since it gets top-heavy (with the screen and batteries and everything) and it gets harder to play.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Cyberblade

Post by Cyberblade » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:37 am

Yer right, perhaps they should be raised up just a bit. Thanks.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:07 pm

What Kind of Buttons Are you using Like NES OR the original SNES Buttons
Also Do you Happen to Have A website