PAL SNES Any Ideas???

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

r3ap3r
PAL SNES Any Ideas???

Post by r3ap3r » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:06 pm

I've decided to take a break from the PS2 modding and found an old SNES that ive had since 93' and i was wondering what i can do with it. Any ideas it look like this:
Cheers^_^

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am

Portabalize it :D :D :D . thats probably the best thing you can do with it, i dont know any good mods for it.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:03 am

I was portablizing one. Till I made a stupid mistake and fried them both.

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 am

I thought they weren't the best to portablize because of the size, as you cannot get the mini snes in PAL. but i will take it apart and have a look at the Mobo and see what i come up with.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 pm

If not portablize, then do the following:

- Mod the lockout chip so you can play NTSC/Jap games.
- Overclock it.
- Paint it
- Add LED's. LED's make things pretty! :D
Hey, sup?

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Kurt_ wrote:If not portablize, then do the following:

- Overclock it.
- Paint it
All kickass suggestions! :D But instead of doing the lockout chip disable mod, how about being REALLY hardcore and installing a converter/cheat board? The lockout chip mod is incompatible with certain games, especially some very good ones (Super Mario RPG, Terranigma, and even some copies of Chrono Trigger to name a few). Am I still the only one who's done this? :lol:

CTFan

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:51 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:

- Overclock it.
- Paint it
All kickass suggestions! :D But instead of doing the lockout chip disable mod, how about being REALLY hardcore and installing a converter/cheat board? The lockout chip mod is incompatible with certain games, especially some very good ones (Super Mario RPG, Terranigma, and even some copies of Chrono Trigger to name a few). Am I still the only one who's done this? :lol:

CTFan
im really tempted to do this myself but i would probably just end up getting sick of having to start up with a cheat screen i kinda always liked just going straight to the game
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:

- Overclock it.
- Paint it

CTFan
Converters don't play super mario rpg either. I think I once read a mod to disable rpg's inernal lockout. But I can't find it. :(

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:06 pm

jeroen wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:

- Overclock it.
- Paint it

CTFan
Converters don't play super mario rpg either. I think I once read a mod to disable rpg's inernal lockout. But I can't find it. :(
Depends on the converter. The only ones compatible with all games Action Replay Mk 2 and 3, both going over $100, especially since that model was only released in Germany. I've got an ARmk3 in mine, so I'm good! :D

CTFan

Kenny_McCormic

Post by Kenny_McCormic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:25 pm

disabling the lockout in a cart isnt that had as it uses the same chip with the same pinouts iirc

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanx for all your ideas ill take them all in mind i think i know what im gunna do with it now so ill take pics and keep everyone posted. Also i dont think i will disable the lockout chip as Terranigma is my fave SNES game and i play super mario rpg, Chrono Trigger and Lufia 2 a lot and i dont want them to be blocked.Lufia 2 probly wont matter if the lockout is disabled but i wont take any chances. I have 137 PAL SNES games and also a flash Cart co i can load the translated Star Ocean because that game is also Uber(lol) well ill post later some time soon with pics. Cheers^_^