Twilightprincess and V3ndetta's PortaSnes progress

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

twilightprincess
Twilightprincess and V3ndetta's PortaSnes progress

Post by twilightprincess » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:25 am

V3ndetta and i have decided to work together on our first project
The PortaSnes

Well I have been on these forums for 12 weeks now and i think I have made my decision. At first i wanted to make a Snes beacause I had one, but then it got dropped. Then i wanted to make a N64, but I got told it breaks too easily. Then i moved down a console to a Snes, again i got told it would break. I then moved down again to a nes using a NOAC. But since than I have checked one of the "what should be my first portable?" topics, and I have read someones reply saying a snes is solid and would be a good first. So now i though most of my favorite games are on the Snes, so why not do that. :!:
There thats my explanation, too short for ya? :lol:

Anyway since this is my first portable, could i please have some help. I am also going to use a pal Snes.

Here is what we need and dont need:

Snes
Screen
controller
Screwdriver
Soldering iron
Hot glue gun
De-soldering pump
Wires and other small parts
Bondo and/or plastic for vac forming

IT BEGINS!!!
Last edited by twilightprincess on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

v3ndetta

Post by v3ndetta » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 am

u dont have to be gay and rite lame comments at the end of ur posts.
:lol: :wink: jks
i might be able to help if u dont take over. :wink:
Last edited by v3ndetta on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amount saved for my Xbox 360 : $160
Bioshock FTW! twilightprincess is ma Mario Strikers buddy! XD

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:05 am

I suggest always making portables of your favorite system for your first one. That way you're determined, because you just can't wait to get it done so you can play the slew of awesome games you have for it.

Rock on, man. Hope everything goes smoothly for you, and if you have any questions along the way let us know.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:55 am

The best type of bondo you can get that is avaidable in opther places apart from the USA is Ispon p38 & Ispon p40.

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:50 pm

thanx im actually being encouraged, now i dont have to make another massive post (4 in total :roll: )

But anyway thanx for ur help so far and im not sure if ill frankencase with bondo or not, but i might try either wood or vac forming (im not really that keen on bondoing)

Until next update

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:28 am

joedog86 wrote:I suggest always making portables of your favorite system for your first one. That way you're determined, because you just can't wait to get it done so you can play the slew of awesome games you have for it.

Rock on, man. Hope everything goes smoothly for you, and if you have any questions along the way let us know.
Heh i look up to u, u have some of my favorite snes portables. Too bad you dont use pals, its gonna be hard to get that kind of information.

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:53 am

umm is a fc twin a good portable to make in australia, meaning pal cartriges.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:43 am

twilightprincess wrote:umm is a fc twin a good portable to make in australia, meaning pal cartriges.
yes its fine but you should get a pal one for the least problems
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).