Work in progress: polycase + FC Twin + PSOne lcd

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:04 pm

how much space (in inchs) do you have between the edge of the screen cut out and the edge of the case (width wise)?

i was looking at this exact case for mine, but the insides werent big enough for both the snes and nes of the fc twin.

i might get one for a genesis...

grahf

Post by grahf » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:00 pm

ATOMICMAN wrote:how much space (in inchs) do you have between the edge of the screen cut out and the edge of the case (width wise)?
About 1-11/16ths. Or, 44mm.

Im just waiting on my 2100mAh batteries to arrive in the mail. I'm going to close it up, and play it for a while to make sure everything is ok. Afterwards i'll be pulling it apart to finish the "bodywork" and paint.

A few times i really started to question whether i was going to be able to make everything fit, but I managed to squeeze it all in there. For this reason i'd have a hard time recommending someone try to build this same setup unless you are confident in your ability (or plan to use a smaller screen :D ).

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:37 am

a radica doesnt take up much and i dont plan on using a ps1 screen, im pretty pleased with the audiovox ex-50s ill stick with them (take up less space). i just need to know if the 3 buttons can layout like on an original controller instead of maybe a triangle formation or something else not original...

bmire1985

Post by bmire1985 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:55 am

Triton wrote:could you post a pic of the other side of the board? ive been wanting one for an idea i have that my snes mini wont fit in without massive modification and i want to see if this would be more suitable! anyone interested in a trade?
well when you take it apart to paint you can post more pics :D

grahf

Post by grahf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:08 pm

bmire1985 wrote: well when you take it apart to paint you can post more pics :D
Yeah, dont worry triton i didnt forget.

bmire1985

Post by bmire1985 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:46 pm

sorry for the double post but would you mind giving some details on how you "squeezed" the screen into the case. Did you happen to shave or cut the board to reduce the size?

edit:
grahf wrote:
ATOMICMAN wrote:how much space (in inchs) do you have between the edge of the screen cut out and the edge of the case (width wise)?
About 1-11/16ths. Or, 44mm.
that might be what I was looking for.

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:55 am

No, I actually didnt modify the PSOne screen at all (besides LEDs, and trimming the top portion). The main difficulty was really geting the original dpad in there. The contact board is trimmed -right- to the edge of the contact pad. The screen assembly also had to be recessed about 8mm (or raised, if your thinking about the inside) so the board would fit over everything.

Not impossible by any means, but I did spend many hours measuring and trimming and re-measuring and re-trimming.