How will this work for a snesp?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ghosstt
How will this work for a snesp?

Post by ghosstt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:40 pm

im probably going to use a tackle box from a kmart or something for the case. saw the way people used it on these forums, and seems like a really good idea. Any input would be nice. this is my 1st portable (obviously)

here are some of my pre anything schematics.

front

Bottom

Back

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 pm

bad
you would need more room between the controller and screen and maybe more room up top for the screen

bit of advice. on a first portable, take plenty of time to measure your parts and what you want your case dimensions to be. or it can be a huge pain in the ass

also cart slot can't be put up so high
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:55 pm

guess i didnt make this clear. i dont have any of the parts yet :D this is the roughest of rough draft.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:22 pm

L and R buttons?

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 pm

Jongamer wrote:L and R buttons?
pssshh l and r buttons, who needs them? he could still play earthworm jim and thats all that matters. but yeah get all the stuff and like stack it on top of eachother or something to give yourself a rough ida of what your dealing with
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:35 pm

dudex77 wrote:
Jongamer wrote:L and R buttons?
pssshh l and r buttons, who needs them? he could still play earthworm jim and thats all that matters. but yeah get all the stuff and like stack it on top of eachother or something to give yourself a rough ida of what your dealing with
Yeah, like me! I recently downloaded a free 30 day trial of Adobe Illustrator just to play around with it and I made some life-size scans of the parts I'd need for another SNESp. That program's great! Very professional though, so there's been a bit of a learning curve I'm trying to get past. It's fun :D
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:39 pm

If you're a n00b at this, screwing the top of a controller to the front of the case might be a good idea. That way, you worry about a lot less. That's what I did (although I never finished my SNESp yet because my mother shoved it into the deepest reaches of my closet), & It actually worked REALLY well!

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 am

atari2600a wrote:If you're a n00b at this, screwing the top of a controller to the front of the case might be a good idea. That way, you worry about a lot less. That's what I did (although I never finished my SNESp yet because my mother shoved it into the deepest reaches of my closet), & It actually worked REALLY well!
i was thinking of doing that, but instead of screwing it to the top, have it come from the bottom so the buttons show through.

TitaniumHamster

Post by TitaniumHamster » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:47 am

ghosstt wrote:If you're a n00b at this, screwing the top of a controller to the front of the case might be a good idea. That way, you worry about a lot less.
Or, for more fun, bondo the controller to the box! It's all-in-one-irific!
" ! "