PS1 Boot disc

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

benol
PS1 Boot disc

Post by benol » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:57 am

Where can I get one free? Or really, really cheap? I want to try PS1 homebrew, and I'm not gonna put in a modchip.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:25 am

I think you can just swap out the discs at a particular time while it's booting up. But from what I heard it's tricky. :(

Can you use a GameShark CDX by selecting "start game" -> "without codes"? :?

benol

Post by benol » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 am

well, I don't have a PS1 Gameshark. The only gameshark I ever bought was a GBC one.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:52 pm

try this one
http://www.modchipstore.com/Breaker-Pro ... 16172.html

you will not be able to download one image of a boot disk and use it to run backup cause you will be trying to run a backup of the boot disk at the first time and it dont run backups... but is probable that out there is a exploit that let you run a backup by swap form a original one... for the ps2 is one of those that let you run backups of ps1 and ps2 but i really dont know if there is for a ps1

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:16 pm

pm Gamemasteras, he has a VIdeo of me Doing the Swap meathod with a normal Playstation game and a ItmightbeNES Emulator Disc, but I did it on a crappy TV since there wasnt enought light for my Digital cam in my Bedroom.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:11 pm

benol

Post by benol » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:26 am

That video is unavaliable
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:58 am

I saw it just now...
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:34 pm

either jump the switch or add a toggle for the lid sensor, then get a hardware gameshark, place in real game, wait to stop spinning , then place in your dupe...If it hasn't been said to death before, also, Isn't there a way to get around the copy protection by flashing something?

form that video, it sees VERY EASY to damage the drive motor of the psone, also, if you want to do it that way, just insall a switch to cancel the voltage to the drive motro, slow it down, then put in your disc...if possible
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

benol

Post by benol » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:01 pm

ok... I-m a little confused. when do you swap? and when do you swap back? I tried it ho the video showed, but it just loaded the PS1 game. BTW, does it matter which PS1 game I used? I used Spyro: Year of the Dragon Greatest Hits Edition.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

benol

Post by benol » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 pm

Krepticor wrote:either jump the switch or add a toggle for the lid sensor, then get a hardware gameshark, place in real game, wait to stop spinning , then place in your dupe...If it hasn't been said to death before, also, Isn't there a way to get around the copy protection by flashing something?

form that video, it sees VERY EASY to damage the drive motor of the psone, also, if you want to do it that way, just insall a switch to cancel the voltage to the drive motro, slow it down, then put in your disc...if possible
Do I have to mod it? I just taped down the switch.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:45 pm

benol wrote:
Krepticor wrote:either jump the switch or add a toggle for the lid sensor, then get a hardware gameshark, place in real game, wait to stop spinning , then place in your dupe...If it hasn't been said to death before, also, Isn't there a way to get around the copy protection by flashing something?

Do I have to mod it? I just taped down the switch.
no, mosds are not needed, you need to do it really quick, always have your hand ready and swap it quickly, I will try and make a better video, that video I just did to show Gamemasteras while chatting on AIM, cuz he couldnt get it to work. but if you have a PS2 slim its a lot eaisier, you only have to swap once, I'll make a Video of both running my It might be an NES disc.

EDIT: I just made the Video and Uploaded it to youtube, it might not be up yet but will be soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_4tLjIEtE

scaramanga_goldengun

Post by scaramanga_goldengun » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Just to clarify, downloading a PS1 bootdisc is completely pointless. A copied bootdisc is still a copied disc, and won't be read by the PS1. So chances of getting one for free are slim to none.
It's Festivus for the Rest of Us!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:06 pm

There were several Gameshark discs and others like it where you could swap right before loading a game disc without codes. You didn't even have to swap quickly. You just put in a copied game after the Gameshark loaded (with the lid switch taped down) and then pushed the load game without codes button and it would play the game.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:28 pm

benol wrote:
That video is unavaliable

I just watched it.