blown fuse

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Quall
blown fuse

Post by Quall » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:00 am

I took my psone apart, then tested it to make sure it still worked fine. Everything has been good for a couple days now, but this morning, I went to see if I could fit it into an old battlship game case. It did, but lacked room for the lcd. Anyways, when I was taking it out, I bumped the laser lens on the edge of the lid, so I went to see if it still read games. To my surprise, the ps1 didn't even boot up at all.

I checked the fuses on the board for a possible short. There was one on the mobo by the power connecter, labeled "PS600", which didn't have continuity when I checked.

Anyways, "2.3" is written on the fuse, unlike the others that are "40". I know that the ones with "40" are 1amp, but what about this one?

My questions is, does wnyone know how much the the PS600 fuse is rated at? I want to replace it, but cannot find anything about it online. Any help would be appreciated.

Quall

Post by Quall » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:26 pm

ok, i fixed it. All is good