Corrupt graphics

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:51 pm

ok If memory serves the s-video mod works, but the sgnals recomine somewhere so it isn't much better than composite
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Lhos

Post by Lhos » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:01 am

Kurt_ wrote:But alkalines (new ones) are not 1.5V to begin with. THey have a steep discharge curve, and so being around 2.5V (I believe). If you're using absolutely new alkalines, try the pack. Also, follow the wires on the back of the board. Somewhere on the right side near the bottom there is a spot to wire up composite video. I'm not quite sure where though.

I started with a zenith screen (repackages PSOne screen) and the composite video wire was hooked up there.
That I wasn't aware of. I still have the original ac port from the screen, I'll wire that up and see what happens. If that fails, I'll go hunting for that contact point you mentioned.

Thanks for the replies, all. Some of the stuff I wouldn't have thought of.

-Lhos

Lhos

Post by Lhos » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:35 am

It's the batteries I'm using, or something related to them. I hooked the ac port up, and everything is PERFECT. Batteries, both rechargables and alkalines (7.2 and 7.5 volts respectively), not so much. Mind you, the rechargables are six of an original eight belonging to a 9.6v 1000 mAh power pack (the one Ben lists as a possible power source for the SNES), so that could be the issue, but still - I'll keep tinkering with it. For now, I think the issue has been isolated, and I've hardwired the port in place. I'll use it until I can fix the battery issue.

The problem, as it turns out, was a misunderstanding. Ben lists the battery pack that I have as a possible power source for the whole project. It is, but it assumes you won't use the "quick and dirty" method of powering everything (SNES from screen). I figured there must have been a regulator in there somewhere, but the place you're soldering to from the switch is where the power comes in to the screen normally regulated by the AC adapter.

Once more, thanks for all the help.

-Lhos