FC Twin. Snes/Nes with pics.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:19 am

nevermind
Last edited by grahf on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 am

I got a question, what would it take for me to buy these in bulk and sell them on the forum?
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:59 am

Krepticor wrote:I got a question, what would it take for me to buy these in bulk and sell them on the forum?
go to the link in my thread below the seller offers discounts to bulk orders. i would just email him. unless you want to get an importing license i would just deal like that.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:20 am

Krepticor wrote:I got a question, what would it take for me to buy these in bulk and sell them on the forum?
Money! Lotsa friggen money!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:29 am

Ah well, i just went ahead and bought one of these. I probably wont even turn it into a portable, since i still have an SNES i need to finish up.

But I was thinking, it would be easy to make a portable similar to Bens ataris where the game sticks out the front above the screen. The cart connector is all the way on the top. I like that 100X better than sticking out the back, since you can set the thing down if its atari-style.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:16 pm

grahf wrote:Ah well, i just went ahead and bought one of these. I probably wont even turn it into a portable, since i still have an SNES i need to finish up.

But I was thinking, it would be easy to make a portable similar to Bens ataris where the game sticks out the front above the screen. The cart connector is all the way on the top. I like that 100X better than sticking out the back, since you can set the thing down if its atari-style.
dude you have a supernes2go case you gotta finish that thing :D
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:03 pm

I was just finishing the L and R buttons, and lost audio on the tv board. I was just burnt out on it and put it away for a while. Hopefully I can fix it. If not, its $100 for another ev-4500 tv. Ahh well.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 pm

importing liscense, interesting

could I also get those sweet looking Genny3 clones?
how much would that cost?
how much could I get for each unit?

would it be worth it on these forums? (and possibly eBay or amazon)
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:32 pm

grahf wrote:I was just finishing the L and R buttons, and lost audio on the tv board. I was just burnt out on it and put it away for a while. Hopefully I can fix it. If not, its $100 for another ev-4500 tv. Ahh well.
bummer :( if all else fails you could just throw in a small amp circuit
snesp mk4

grahf

Post by grahf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Yeah thats what i was thinking. I'd like to try fixing it first, since one less thing to draw power is always good.

I dont know if anyone has tried with their FC Twin yet, but im going to see if i can trace out all the pins on the ribbon connections. I'd like to eliminate the NOAC part alltogether, as well as the power board. Hopefully we can apply power directly into the snes board, and pull RGB right off of it. Tiny SNES portables, here we come :D

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:09 pm

mine has a different encoder. Rawr. And the "burning thing" is also the encoder. Mine sat around in the box for a while, and the encoder smelled like burning electronics. I am seeing if tapping the rgb lines will work.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:08 pm

grahf wrote:Yeah thats what i was thinking. I'd like to try fixing it first, since one less thing to draw power is always good.

I dont know if anyone has tried with their FC Twin yet, but im going to see if i can trace out all the pins on the ribbon connections. I'd like to eliminate the NOAC part alltogether, as well as the power board. Hopefully we can apply power directly into the snes board, and pull RGB right off of it. Tiny SNES portables, here we come :D
i've tried to do some work on getting rid of the boards. and have come to the conclusion that....... it seems hard :P i know 6 of the pins on the NOAC board have some caps and other stuff on the traces and are needed for audio (probably easy to wire on) i just hacked the NOAC board up and got it small enough. and the power/av board just has a crap load of stuff on it i am not willing to deal with.

on a side note. i got my case mold back today and its the size of a psp with ~1/2-3/4 of an inch added to the bottom that slant inward so its not a box

hoping to get the smallest snesp yet
snesp mk4

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote: hoping to get the smallest snesp yet
Hmmm, we'll see about that... ;)

What do you plan on doing with the NOAC, anyway?

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote: on a side note. i got my case mold back today and its the size of a psp with ~1/2-3/4 of an inch added to the bottom that slant inward so its not a box

sounds like you're ordering the case mold how is that happening? Or am I just crazy.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 pm

Metroid fan wrote:
Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote: on a side note. i got my case mold back today and its the size of a psp with ~1/2-3/4 of an inch added to the bottom that slant inward so its not a box

sounds like you're ordering the case mold how is that happening? Or am I just crazy.
nah my moms friend has a bandsaw and router so he cut my mold out of wood and beveled the edges

the NOAC, honestly nothing, i'm only interested in having a small snes mobo here
snesp mk4