FC Twin. Snes/Nes with pics.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

gamefreakfatty

Post by gamefreakfatty » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:18 pm

sorry, i meant soldering iron. its 25 watt. i always get them mixed up. :x
i stink at making siggies

khaag

Post by khaag » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:07 am

Sorry to bring up an old topic...

I've looked through here and can't seem to find the power requirements for this mofo. Will a 7.4V battery power this thing? Or does it need 10V like the wallwart says...
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 am

The entire thing runs off of 5v,
(unlike the real snes/mini which needs higher than 5v for the sound to work).

7.4v should be enough, providing the built in 7805 can still output a solid 5v. I ran my last one on 7.2v, but it was using a dimension engineering switching regulator. In any case, the actual boards only need 5v.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 am

I don't understand your comment about the SNES needing more than 5 v for the sound to work. I only have experience with the mini version, but I hadn't heard that before.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

grahf

Post by grahf » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:42 am

Life of Brian wrote:I don't understand your comment about the SNES needing more than 5 v for the sound to work. I only have experience with the mini version, but I hadn't heard that before.
The sound IC takes its power source from the power input of the 7805. It has to be slightly higher than 5v for it to produce decent sound. Its only an issuse if you remove the 7805 and try feeding the SNES 5v directly, which you can do on the FC Twin.

Ace_1

Re: Sorry

Post by Ace_1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm

SZF2001 wrote:Sorry guys, I'm pretty sure this topic is "dead" and all, seeing how the last post was from February. But I've noticed something when buying a FC Twin...

You see, here is the original posters picture:

And here is my Twin:

Kind of weird... There is a jewel on the back and the boxes are different...

Could there be any hardware differences with these two? Or, did Yobo decide to say who was behind the Twin, fearing Nintendo's wrath, and never getting scolded (or something about legality)?
I have one like this, and it seems to be a version with revised hardware as well. The NES sound is the same as on original hardware(save for some volume problems, most apparent being a volume fluctuation when destroying a Big Core in Gradius) and SNES games like StarFox don't discolor the sky in green like old models without jewels. Another thing too is that, like the Sega Genesis, the Sony CXA1145 has been replaced with a Sony CXA1645(easier to pull off S-Video if you're not making a portable, so you can 1-up the original SNES Mini. All I need is a white casing). The SNES video output is not muted like old models and the image is nice and sharp. Sound's spot on to original hardware. Only complaint I have is that the LEDs are cheaply put together(hot glue and masking tape, eww). Something I've also noticed is an empty spot for a CIC of some sort(SNES lockout chip?), which could be taken advantage of to get SA-1 games working. Anyone tried that? I'd like to do that on mine. Also, where's the CIRAM/CE line on the NOAC so that I can re-wire the NES cartridge slot to get Castlevania III and Rad Racer II working glitch-free on my console?