I'm afraid to connect power now.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

NES_fanatic
I'm afraid to connect power now.

Post by NES_fanatic » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:03 pm

I was hacking up my PSone and such (attaching the 1P port with wires, desoldering crap, etc.) and I was checking stuff with my multimeterm when there seems to be a connection between the + and - spots where the power jack goes. When I connect the positive lead on my multimeter to the positive connection on the MB and the negative lead to the ground spot it reads that there's a connection with 20 OHMS resistance.

Now I'm afraid to connect power to the board because I think that means it's shorted somewhere and I may fry it. But I can't find a short anywhere.

Please help me, as I have a schedule the keep pretaining to my productivity with building this, and my folks'll have my head if I fall behind any more.

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:53 pm

Hey, come on! I need help!

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:56 pm

Check everything to make sure there's no shorts. If it looks good, give it some power and see what happens. There's not much else you can do.
ImageImage

MathiasTSM

Post by MathiasTSM » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:01 pm

If I was you... I would just plug it in and see if it blows up..
And if it does then atlest you had a fun time making it blow up :D
Oh, and if you were me then you'd not understand what you just said, with the multimeter and the thingy.

ArtemisGoldfish

Post by ArtemisGoldfish » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:32 pm

Whip out the ol' microscope and check, and if you really don't find anything on any parts that you soldered/desoldered, the resistance might just be the normal resistance that comes from going through the circuitry.
Logan Whitehurst, Musician Supreme
R.I.P. (Deceased Dec 3, 2006)
You are missed.