New sega coleco on a chip?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

jeroen
New sega coleco on a chip?

Post by jeroen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:38 am

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/27/cole ... games-for/

Btw. Since i'm not very familiair with sega systems. I posted it here.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:49 am

Those are all Game Gear games, and someone posted this twice before, in F42. Lemme see if I can dig up the threads...

CTFan

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:58 am

I wonder what the size of that unit is... Same with battery life... if that is anything like a Radica, couldn't we attach a GameGear cartridge slot and make like, a GGPocket or something? Even on it's own it's a really nice case and the screen may or may not be adaptable to other units...
God Bless Hot Glue

DK

Post by DK » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:20 pm

I was looking about and somebody said it could be a GOAC not a SMSOAC. If so, I detect a really cool portable Megadrive. If I was American i'd be getting one and ripping it open. But alas, they ain't on sale in the UK :(

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:46 pm

The site said that it was preorder on the Target website. Which means that you can probably order it once it actually comes out.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

roto

Post by roto » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:08 am

Considering the Games list is straight off of an SMS... Its NOT a GOAC. Also note the TWO buttons, Genesis minimum is 3.

It COULD be a GameGear clone. But adding a cart? Come on. If its anything like the recent "portables" from JungleTac and others (think VG Pocket), there's nothing inside but the chipset for the SMS and a FlashROM storing the games. Forget about adding carts.

Lets not get too excited until we see the inside of this thing. But I'm 99.99% certain that all you'll see is the PCB of the "system", an LCD controller and a FlashROM.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:47 am

roto wrote:Considering the Games list is straight off of an SMS... Its NOT a GOAC. Also note the TWO buttons, Genesis minimum is 3.

It COULD be a GameGear clone. But adding a cart? Come on. If its anything like the recent "portables" from JungleTac and others (think VG Pocket), there's nothing inside but the chipset for the SMS and a FlashROM storing the games. Forget about adding carts.

Lets not get too excited until we see the inside of this thing. But I'm 99.99% certain that all you'll see is the PCB of the "system", an LCD controller and a FlashROM.
Insides :

http://zombiechow.com/photos/ColecoSega/

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 am

Mmmmmmmm looks like it could be an oac.