GOOD NEWS~ Portable Project Back Up

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

riva16
GOOD NEWS~ Portable Project Back Up

Post by riva16 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:15 pm

I didn't buy a new PSOne board, or buy anything as a matter of fact. I simply starting shorting fuses on the PSOne motherboard until i got power! I then check for audio/video and eveything works fine!!! I'm will continue work tomorrow! As for my tutorial... Was posted today, unfinished due to quitting, but will continue work of that too now! Anyone have a PSone board that won't power up or show video? Simply short one of the 4 fuses ont he left side by the 5v regulator. thats what i did, and it works perfect now! I will have apic in my tutorial once it's finished.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Thats great to hear. I hope you have it done without any more set backs and I look forward to you completing your tutorial.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:05 pm

*riva16 thanks me for the fuse suggestion* Youre welcome! :D Glad to help! Man, I just saved 2 psones today, awesome! We should make a sticky about the fuses.

riva16

Post by riva16 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:49 am

I didn't check the big fuse up byt he 7.5v input, because I don't use that. But when you mentioned fuse, i thought of those 4 little black squares by the power button inwhich my power is inputted. I then, not caring anymore thinking my portable was gone, starting shorting out fuses with wire and boom, the broght blue LED flashed right in my eye and scared the crap outta me! I hooked it all back up, and the splashscreen started, the import loaded, so the mod chip still works! YES! The reason it blew last time wasbecause of sodlering a memory card directly to the board. I wonder why? I'll try again. I have enough spare fuses now, with 3 other boards that are actually toast. Wait! I may have a second board I can save!

riva16

Post by riva16 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:54 am

Sorry to change my mind so much, but I got to thinking. Instead of going for a portable, which i probably wouldn't use anyway, why not re-build the whole psone back up, LCD and all, and have a functioning system with mod chip to play all my imports and CDR's? I did that last night. I have a PSone with blue LED, and 6 wire stealth mod chip installed. Simple as that! I don't need a portable. I just needed a PSOne with chipt o play all those games that I can't. Now I can. Only took me about 1 hour 30 minutes to re-build everything. Thats installing the AV Port and controller port back on, re-build the LCD back into its case, find the speakers. A whole bunch of crap. Sorry, but I gave up. What I have is all i really wanted. Just a little smaller before. Anyway. I guess my portable guide is still ended where it did.

s3ptic

Post by s3ptic » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 pm

LoL sometimes I guess you just don't know what you have until you kill it, bring it back, and put it back together. Anyways have fun with the PSone, even if you feel its better suited in its original form.

BTW does anyone think this could work on a PS2? I had opened mine up to try and clean the DVD drive, but now it won't power up.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:40 pm

Be sure that everything is connected, other than that go over the PSU with a volt-meter (or one that checks the circuit) to see if anything is burnt out or broken. I need to do that myself, I'm getting a bad itch to buy the new AC game and play it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

riva16

Post by riva16 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:48 am

All i needed a PSOne for anyway was to play imports and CDRs. I just wanted to build the portable so I didn't have to drag everything out all the time. ohh well, just a controller is lighter anyway... I noticed somethign though. Botht he PSOne and LCD get HOT! I may have to install a fan intot he PSone... I may also install RCA jacks, and an over-clock switch too... WOOHOOOHAHAHAHA... :twisted:

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:54 am

If your putting in a lot of volts the 7805 regulators in the system and screen will get hotter and hotter to burn off that extra heat. You can do two things to fix that problem; 1 is reduce the voltage your putting it, if its more than 7.2 that is; two is replace the 7805 with LDO that operate with a 5v output, you can put in as little as 6v into them and they so produce less heat.

I am a geek.

riva16

Post by riva16 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:37 pm

I'm using the power pack that the system coems with becuase I'm using the system as it was intended. I just wanna know why its soo hot, and how it lives being so hot. It's not hotter than the system would normally run at, its just, jeez, hot.

DreamsOntheGo

Post by DreamsOntheGo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:49 pm

my mobo was fried after the fuse jump.. T.T

it wasn't turning on, so i performed the jump.. it worked..

its 15 seconds of glory was overshadowed by sparks and melting silicone...

i think this is beyond salvage.. so i ordered another psone/lcd combo off ebay..

anyhoo, do you think it could have been the mod that caused the mobo to fry? will upload pics soon[/img]
"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA." -Brody

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:59 pm

All jumping fuses does is give you a second chance at it. The only difference is that if you put too many volts into something that is fuse-less it WILL get fried. Its not the mod that broke it, its you put too much electricity into again.

riva16

Post by riva16 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:52 pm

You did what i accidently did once, and accidently touched more than JUST one side of the fuse with the other. You probably touched the end of 2 fuses on accident, and linked it tot he other side of one fuse... Not good!