Battery wiring

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator
Battery wiring

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:19 pm

I'm just doing this to cover my butt. I'm plaaning to install a mod chip shortly there after mod PSOne. So I've looked at the mobo of the PSOne and the power plug has three prongs that go to the board could someone tell me what prongs are positive, negetive and ground (if theres a ground).
As so if theres a better battery circuit then Gannon's let me know please.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:35 pm

My battery circuit is only required for a few certain applications and the parts are pretty hard to find anywhere. The circuit itself is mainly intended for next generation consoles and other projects that need a center tap that drains evenly.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:20 pm

This is a quote from "doejo" (that was the site, not sure it that is the persons name. I'm sure "goejo" would give a reply, since the link was from the portables of doom).
Look for the power adapter plug (it looks like, er, a power adapter plug :) ). After you've found it, flip the board over. On the bottom, you will find 3 large soldered connections. These are holding the DC adapter down to the board, and are the connections you will want.* If you look real close, you will notice that two of the three connections are in the same bright green "field," which circles the outside of the board. This is the negative, or ground, connection. In general, the outside edge of a circuitboard is always the ground. Just a little tip. :)

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:36 pm

ok that should help me, I want to make sure I hook everything up right. Replacing a PSOne isnt something I want to do.

In reply to Gannon, as your power circuit is for next gen. Does that mean I can do a straight connection to the board? FYI I'm going with the same RC batteries you used.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:40 pm

Yeah, that's right. My circuit was just so I could hook up 2 or more batteries in series and parallel at the same time without having one battery drain faster than the other.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:19 pm

How do you power the screen the same way with the three prongs? Hey what things can you do with the playstation when a mod-chip is installed?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:30 pm

You can play backed up games, and maybe (never tried) use emulators.

I'm planning to use a Hip Gear screen-controller so wiring that up should be a hassal.

I am a geek.